The police in the Western Region have begun the search for gun men who allegedly shot and killed a man after robbing him of his money at Amanful in Takoradi.
Speaking in an interview with Joy News’ Ina-Thalia Quansah, The Western Regional Police Public Relations Officer (PRO), DSP Olivia Ewurabena Adiku assured the public of the police’s readiness to make the suspects face the law when arrested.
“We are putting all measures in place to ensure that we get the culprits and also to provide security for them,” she said.
DSP Olivia also appealed to eye witnesses to provide the police with necessary information on the incident to enable the police get the culprits arrested for interrogation.
“Looking at what happened yesterday [Monday, April, 12], there was a lot of people there so anybody who has any little information that might help in getting these people, we will really appreciate.”
Meanwhile, the wife of the deceased, Monica Nda, 45 who sustained some injuries on her face and lower lip is said to be responding to treatment at the hospital though traumatised and unable to speak.
The man and his wife, who are residents of Swaziland came to Ghana to monitor a building project at Mpintsim, a town in the Western region.
They were buying some building materials when they were attacked by six armed men on motorbikes at Amanful, a suburb of Takoradi after they had gone to redraw some money.
The six robbers trailed them when they drove off in their Hyundai Sonata with registration number GE 4022-16.
According to the police, there was a struggle between the 61-year-old victim and one of the robbers when he tried to snatch the travelling bag containing cash the sum of 6,000 CFA, €50, SFr80 and ¢12,700.
The robber, therefore, shot the victim at the right chest and bolted with the bag and its contents.
- ASEPA calls for the removal of GJA President, Affail Monney
- Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
- NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
- Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretenses – Chief Director
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product at ¢30 per bag
- Heavy downpour renders Damongo residents homeless
- Coach Paa Kwasi Fabin names 27-man Black Meteors squad to face Japan
- Francis Xavier-Sosu: Eid-ul-Fitr reflections – Human rights and security implications, the case of Wesley Girls’ and the Methodist Church
- Today’s front pages: Friday, May 14, 2021
Remittances to Ghana shoots up to $3.6bn in 2020
Enimil Ashon: #Fix our values; everything else will get fixed
Davido set to host his debut Twitter Space
Israel intensifies attacks in Gaza as conflict enters fifth day
OccupyGhana calls for independent body of inquiry to investigate Caleb Kudah’s assault allegations
Nigerian army denies Boko Haram Eid donation reports
Caleb Kudah didn’t breach Code of Ethics – GJA General Secretary
2 jailed 26 years over attempted robbery
Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product at ¢30 per bag
Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretenses – Chief Director
Council of States donates to inpatients of Bole Hospital
Top scientists question the need for Covid-19 booster shots
Akufo-Addo visits France, Belgium and South Africa as part of post-Covid-19 engagements
Today’s front pages: Friday, May 14, 2021
NSMQ2021: Perfect ‘salah’ gift as Tamale SHS wins maiden Northern Zonal Championship