Audio By Carbonatix
The Spokesperson for the Government’s Transition Team and Minister for Information, Fatima Abubakar, has dismissed claims that there is an agreement to halt recruitment processes during the ongoing transition period.
Her comments follow threats from President-elect John Dramani Mahama’s Transition Team to reverse what they described as “last-minute recruitments” initiated by the outgoing administration.
Speaking on JoyNews’ PM Express on Tuesday, 17th December, Fatima Abubakar emphasised that the operations of the Transition Team do not suspend government activities.
“The fact is that the work of the transition team does not put an embargo on the government business and does not oust the authority of the legitimate government that will end on midnight of January 7. There was no agreement to halt the recruitment or payments by the government,” she stated.
She further clarified that the roles of key government entities, including the Finance Ministry and the Controller and Accountant-General, remain intact during the transition.
“The [Transition Team] does not replace the mandate of the Finance Minister to spend or it does not replace the mandate of controller and accountant general to pay,” Fatima added, underscoring the authority of the current administration.
Addressing concerns regarding recent recruitment, Fatima Abubakar noted that no new warrants for recruitment had been issued since the election.
“Since the election, not a single warrant has been issued for the recruitment of any persons. The Interior Ministry and the Health Ministry have already put public releases informing nurses to go onto the portal to start their recruitment processes,” she explained.
Her comments seek to allay fears of irregularities and affirm the government’s continued legitimacy during the transition period.
Latest Stories
-
AyaSol initiative launched to support youth-led solar businesses in Ghana
9 minutes -
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
23 minutes -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
23 minutes -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
39 minutes -
e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soiree on AI-era leadership and cyber threats
45 minutes -
Mahama rejects ‘kenkey and waakye party’ celebration after IMF exit, says economy still work in progress
51 minutes -
David Hundeyin to release documentary on Tanzania election violence coverage
2 hours -
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
2 hours -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
2 hours -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
3 hours -
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
4 hours -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
4 hours -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
4 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
5 hours -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
5 hours