Two young men, aged 18 and 19, have been arrested for allegedly murdering 10 year old boy for rituals.
The sad incident happened at Kasoa Lamtey in the Awutu Senya East Municipality in the Central Region.
According to reports, the suspects revealed to police after their arrest that a fetish priest in the Volta Region had asked them to bring a body part for money.
One of the suspect’s father Kwame Nyarko told Adom News that his son did not know that his friend was going to kill the 10-year-old boy only known as Ishmael.
He said that his son admitted to calling the deceased for the other suspect who later hit the young boy with a stick.
Meanwhile, the mother of Ishmael, Hajia Maame Sahadatu, who could not control her tears revealed that she was shocked after she heard what had happened to her son.
She said that on the day of the murder, her son was playing video games in their home. However, some hours later she woke up after a nap only for her daughter to break the news of her son’s death to her.
Madam Sahadatu said that the suspects are not strangers to their home adding they sometimes eat there. She added that she is very surprised these boys will harm her child.
Some angry residents called on the Ghana Police to ensure that the suspects are punished accordingly for their crime.
Others served up a warning stating that they might also be tempted to kill the suspects if they are released without being punished.
Kwame Nyarko told Adom News his son and the other suspect are currently in police grips while investigations are still ongoing.
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA and KFC over debt
- ECG recovers GH¢18.5m out of GH¢46.9m from 3 state institutions
- Akufo-Addo’s promises have turned out to be scam – Asiedu Nketia
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Pregnant woman fills potholes on Obuasi road
- Rapper Edem hints at contesting NDC parliamentary primaries
- Slut Boy Billy: a rap prodigy breaking norms, making strides
- Why the Tema Motorway is a death trap
- Peter Obi kicks off legal challenge to Nigeria election result
- Dr Akoto Osei’s death a shock to the whole nation – Speaker
- Gwyneth Paltrow expected to appear in court over ski crash case
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- Davido is back with new album ‘Timeless’, set for March 31
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Female farmers less likely to leave crop residues to decompose – KNUST research
- Drivers in Kumasi speed on weekends – Research reveals
- Implement existing laws to protect consumer – CUTS urges regulators
- Ghana’s “investment hub” agenda demands an open-minded tax administration
- Investors in government securities must be protected – Dr Adu Anane tells regulators