Students and management of the University of Education, Winneba (UEW), have been thrown into a state of mourning following the death of four persons in an accident at Apirede in the Eastern Region.
Some of the students, who spoke to Adom News, expressed their shock after the news broke.
The accident, which occurred on Friday, claimed the lives of a lecturer and three female students of the institution while several others were injured.
The victims are of the university’s Early Grade and Childhood Development who were on their way to an excursion at Mountain Afadjato.
The injured, according to the Students Representative Council, are at the Eastern Regional Hospital and the Winneba Specialist and Trauma Hospital receiving for treatment.
- Asamoah Gyan’s run, Bagbin’s dance and Black Stars fans’ clean-up as fans celebrate S. Korea win in style
- Ghana v South Korea: ‘Hunger’ amongst players making it difficult for me to make decisions – Otto Addo
- Ghana’s Cardinal Richard Baawobr dies in Rome at 63
- Norway Appeal Court dismisses Oslo chancery building case against Ghana
- 2022 World Cup: Mohammed Kudus inspires Black Stars to beat South Korea
- Social media reacts to Black Stars line-up against South Korea
- Police arrest 7 gunmen who stormed hospital in attempt to kill teen
- We have enough gold to exchange for oil – Deputy Energy Minister
- Gunmen stop sermon and rob churchgoers in South Africa
- Playback: The Probe discuss Ghana’s gold-for-oil barter
- Stop offering yourselves to sugar daddies and mummies – AIDS Commission boss advises the youth
- Infectious smiles trail Black Stars victory over Korea
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: 5 things Otto Addo must fix after our game with South Korea
- Joy Prime introduces a technological Programme ‘GSTEP’
- ₵93bn loss to depreciation is more than twice the much anticipated IMF bailout
- Put the military in charge of poultry production – Chamber of Agribusiness to Government
- March on gallantly – Alan Kyerematen commends Black Stars on win against South Korea
- You chased and caught your dreams – Bawumia congratulates Black Stars
- Sarkodie is too big to reply Nasty C – Nigerian Talent Manager
- Jospong Group responds positively to government’s call to boost rice production
- Benedicta Lasi becomes 1st African, 1st woman and youngest Secretary General-elect of Socialist International
- The focus is on Uruguay after beating South Korea – Mohammed Kudus
- MTN Ghana to deactivate over 5.7 million subscribers SIM cards
- Nalerigu Nursing and Midwifery Training College issues disclaimer over fake admission notices
- Camidoh copied my hairstyle – Kay 9ice