Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, the Ga Mantse, Nii Tackie Teiko Tsuru II and a host of others on Saturday joined the maiden edition of the National Fitness Day at the Accra Sports Stadium.
The program, which was opened by the Vice President, saw participants walking briskly through Ministries to the Independence Square and finally, the stadium.
Present at the event was Ga Mantse, Nii Tackie Teiko Tsuru II; former boxing champion, Azumah Nelson; Accra Mayor, Madam Elizabeth Sackey; GFA president, Kurt Okraku and Minister of Works and Housing, Francis Asensu Boakye.
At the stadium, participants were taken through some aerobics and other exercises.
The event, which was launched in August 2022, by the Ministry of Youth and Sports is to promote regular exercise and fitness among Ghanaians.
National Fitness Day will be observed on the second Saturday of every month across the country, with a national version, rotating in regional capitals.
Various fitness clubs and national team supporters including cyclists were invited to take part in the event.
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Ghanaian nurses to work in UK under new deal – Agyemang Manu
- ‘Thank you Dede Ayew’, tweets ‘praise’ Stars captain for missed penalty as Brazil mauls South Korea
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- All Agenda 111 hospitals cannot be completed by 2024 – NPP MP
- Labour unions kick against any ‘haircut’ on pension funds of workers
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- IMF is getting cold feet on deal with Ghana – Ricketts-Hagan alleges
- Bitcoin provides easy access to funding – Africa Bitcoin Conference
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Ghana Oil, Gas and Energy Summit focuses on exploration potential and latest midstream openings
- Bulldog, Andy Dosty endorse music sensation TsaQa
- Researchers adopt bio-based technologies to improve agriculture production
- Assemblies of God Church pays courtesy call on IGP
- E-Vibes USA edition: I’m still in active music business – Fritz Oakley
- Bawumia cuts sod for phase two construction works on Tema Motorway roundabout
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- A mounting pile: Ghana’s precarious public finances
- UPSA to limit 2023/24 admissions to aggregate 6
- Work on terminal section of Boankra inland port in progress
- Debt exchange programme was not discussed in Parliament – Dr Ato Forson
- Our government is not a perfect institution; criticisms are welcome – John Kumah
- Check for speech error in your babies – Parents advised