District Police Commander for Techiman, George Afari Yeboah, has disclosed that two deaths and 4 injuries were reported per police records.
Speaking to JoyNews, the Superintendent said earlier reports that stated that 3 deaths and 9 injuries were recorded during the shooting incident that occurred at a collation centre in Techiman South on Tuesday are untrue.
“If anybody is saying that somebody has been shot, somebody has been killed, if the person fails to report then it is his own problem.
“But on our records here, the death during Tuesday’s mess at the collation center were 2 and 4 people injured,” he stated.
He described the security situation in the Municipality as peaceful adding that business activities are ongoing as usual.
“I will only entreat everybody who wishes to do business in Techiman to come and do business. If the person suspects or sees any suspicious character, they should let us know, we will not fail them,” he added.
Mr. Afari Yeboah assured that enough security measures have been put in place to take care of any situation.
He has also cautioned people who spread fake news to desist from it before they get into the books of the police.
- Stephen Appiah excludes Asamoah Gyan from his list of best Ghanaian players
- ‘I dread pain and abuse’ – A female head porter opens up on her daily trauma
- Police arrest notorious armed robber in Tema
- ‘Government is either feigning incompetence on the point of how we fix structures or is pretending to fix them’ – Barker-Vormawor
- CID probes 53 schools over alleged corruption in school feeding programme
- Virologist warns of third wave of Covid-19 in Ghana
- Covid-19: GHS to roll out second doses from May 19
- NSMQ2021: Mfantsipim School begins redemption campaign from regional qualifiers
- 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Black Stars to camp in Europe despite postponement
- Family sues Daasebre Oti Boateng for failing to replace a statue he destroyed
We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
Akufo-Addo meets families of May 9 victims
Astroturf pitch commissioned to boost football in Old Tafo
Sunyani Muslims join SDA Church in worship
Burglars target Nigeria president’s chief of staff
Climate change: Zoggu residents cannot access water
Amanase residents burn fetish priest’s car over suspected ritual murder
Actor sues TikTok for using her voice in viral tool
9 dead after shooting at Russian school
Apple’s UK users deserve app price compensation, claim says
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Over 10 make-shift structures razed down by fire at Krofrom-Kumasi
Tema Police Command records 3 attempted murder cases in first quarter of 2021
MMDCEs and MPs must collaborate to stimulate development – Kwadaso MP
Gov’t to roll out eight additional interventions this month under Ghana CARES programme-Ofori-Atta