Audio By Carbonatix
The New Patriotic Party (NPP) leadership has asked its Parliamentary Caucus to attend to all Government Businesses, including the 2023 Budget Statement and Economic Policy presentation and all connected matters in Parliament.
This is in a statement jointly signed by Mr Frank Annoh-Dompreh, Majority Chief Whip and Mr Justin Kodua Frimpong, General Secretary, NPP, issued at the end of a meeting between the NPP Parliamentary Caucus and the Party Leadership.
The statement said at a meeting on the 22nd of November 2022, involving the NPP Majority Caucus, the Leadership of the Party and the Council of Elders, it had been agreed by all to refocus and recline to the earlier position requested by the President that the demand be put on hold until the conclusion of the round of negotiations with the International Monetary Fund (IMF), which would feed into the 2023 Budget.
It said the President would act upon the initial request of the NPP Parliamentary Caucus after the conclusion of those matters.
“In the meantime, the Leadership of the Parliamentary Group and the Leadership of the Party counselled the Members of the Parliamentary Party to resort to the Caucus communication channels and, to the largest extent possible, work together as one Caucus unit,” it said.
The Government’s 2023 Budget Statement and Economic Policy presentation to Parliament is slated for Thursday, November 24.
Latest Stories
-
African Union summit clouded by Saudi-UAE rivalry in Horn of Africa
1 hour -
No more excuses – NCA rolls out stricter mobile service standards
1 hour -
Call drops must fall below 1% – NCA raises bar for telcos
2 hours -
China to implement zero tariffs on imports from 53 African countries
4 hours -
Tunisian police detain opposition figure Olfa Hamdi at airport
4 hours -
US deports 9 to Cameroon despite court protections, NYT says
4 hours -
Mali renews Barrick Mining’s Loulo license for 10 more years
4 hours -
Gender pay gap won’t close for another 30 years, warns UK trade unions group
5 hours -
No free pass for internet platforms on child safety, Starmer says
5 hours -
Andrew’s time as trade envoy should be investigated, says Vince Cable
5 hours -
‘Trump will be gone in three years’: Top Democrats try to reassure Europe
5 hours -
Cuban cigar festival called off as US blockade worsens energy crisis
5 hours -
Head of Dubai-based ports giant quits after Epstein links revealed
5 hours -
Nigeria’s state-owned NNPC records $4.2 billion after-tax profit in 2025
6 hours -
French tourist found dead in Chad after falling off cliff
6 hours
