The Luv FM Primary School Quiz, now in its third year, has been launched at the SG Mall in Kumasi.
In the coming four weeks, 36 Ashanti schools will compete for dominance in knowledge in a variety of subject areas while entertaining listeners and viewers with their quiz prowess.
In this year’s edition, 68 auditioned schools registered to compete. The 36 contestants that advanced to the final round were in attendance at the launch and balloting event.
Provost for the Colleges of Humanities and Social Sciences, KNUST, Professor Charles Marfo, lauded Luv FM for organizing such educational competitions, especially during the peak of the Covid-19 pandemic when schools were not in session.
“Covid-19 made us aware of how important online quizzes are. Quizzes have become a common tool for online education now. It helps boost the confidence of our young ones. Frequent quizzes make them retain information and help in concentration,” he said.
One of the judges for this year’s edition of the Primary School Quiz, Mrs. Beatrice Andrews, encouraged participating schools to give off their best.
She observes previous competitions have been tight and keen, as pupils were seriously mentored and stayed up late preparing for the previous edition.
Quiz Master, Erastus Asare Donkor, is also looking forward a more exciting contest as competing schools have more than doubled from last year’s edition.
General Manager for the Multimedia Group Kumasi Unit, James Aglah, pledged his support for the competition and advised schools to compete in a healthy manner.
“We look forward to a more exciting contest and wish our student contestants the very best as they get ready to participate in the contest of wits,” he said as he launched the edition.
The Luv FM Primary School Quiz will be aired on the Joy Learning Channel on MultiTv, Luv FM and other social media platforms.
- Bob Menendez steps down as US Senate foreign relations chairman after indictment
- MohBad mourners teargassed at Nigeria’s Lekki toll gate after Lagos concert
- Ethiopian Prince Alemayehu’s lock of hair returned after 140 years in UK
- US senator Bob Menendez charged with bribery after wads of cash and gold bars found at home
- GPL 2023/24: Bofoakwa Tano score late to beat RTU at home
- Sudan war: Army chief Burhan claims he’s ready for peace talks
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest and OSP-Cecilia saga
- Former Bantama MP, Okyem Aboagye dead
- Mahama Ayariga condemns killing of 9 in highway ambush at Pusiga
- Inaki Williams scores and assists as Athletic Bilbao beat Alaves
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: BBC News journalist who was arrested by police speaks up
- Modern Floors products to be available in Northern Ghana soon – CEO
- I hate Manchester United because they made Sammy Kuffour cry – Gifty Oware-Mensah
- Corrupt officials are like termites… eating the very foundation of our democracy – Torgbe Afede XIV
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Abuse of power is extremely dangerous to our burgeoning democracy – UTAG