Audio By Carbonatix
Some of the persons accused of plotting to overthrow government are said to have held discussions on whether or not to kill the president once their plot succeeds.
They are also alleged to have planned to acquire electronic equipment solely for the purpose of jamming the National Communications Authority’s system to render all broadcasting stations except the state broadcaster useless.
These are allegations made by Senior State Attorney Hilda Craig who on Tuesday morning urged the Kaneshie District Court to commit the 10 accused persons to stand trial at the High Court.
Beyond the killing plot, Ms Craig said discussions were also held towards capturing top public officials.
This includes the Vice President, Speaker of Parliament and the Chief of Defence Staff.
She further alleged that ‘the killing of the President’ discussion, however, had the option of being abandoned once the President agreed to announce that his government had been toppled.
She said the accused persons were members of the NGO Take Action Ghana which was to be used as a vehicle to embark on series of demonstrations geared at toppling government.
She added that they procured weapons and test-fired same and contracted persons to manufacture grenades, pistols among other dangerous weapons.
The 10 persons standing trial are Frederick Yao Mac-Palm, Dornyah “Ezor” Kafui (a local weapon manufacturer), Bright Allan Debrah Ofosu (aka BB or ADC)(freight manager).
Colonel Samuel Kojo Gameli and WO2 Esther Saan, Lance Corporal Ali Solomon, Corporal Seidu Abubakar, Sylvester Akanbiri, a civilian employee of the Armed forces Johannes Zikpi and Senior Police Officer ACP Agordzo.
The state says it intends to call 19 witnesses if the case is sent to the High Court and rely on 113 exhibits
She said the accused persons were members of the NGO Take Action Ghana which was to be used as a vehicle to embark on series of demonstrations geared at toppling government.
She added that they procured weapons and test-fired same and contracted persons to manufacture grenades, pistols among other dangerous weapons.
The 10 persons standing trial are Frederick Yao Mac-Palm, Dornyah “Ezor” Kafui (a local weapon manufacturer), Bright Allan Debrah Ofosu (aka BB or ADC)(freight manager).
Colonel Samuel Kojo Gameli and WO2 Esther Saan, Lance Corporal Ali Solomon, Corporal Seidu Abubakar, Sylvester Akanbiri, a civilian employee of the Armed forces Johannes Zikpi and Senior Police Officer ACP Agordzo.
The state says it intends to call 19 witnesses if the case is sent to the High Court and rely on 113 exhibitsDISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Many people don’t like sharing their success tips – Mary Anane Awuku
35 seconds -
Resurrection of GN Savings and Loans will be tough – Joe Jackson
2 minutes -
SanlamAllianz Life sponsors four Ghanaian athletes for 2026 Cape Town Marathon
4 minutes -
2026 Legacy Expo comes off on June 3, 2026
10 minutes -
CBG deepens financial inclusion drive with expansion of agency banking network
17 minutes -
Non-Performing Loans decline to 18% nut elevated risk remains – BoG
21 minutes -
Cocoa farmers in Ahondwo area appeal for clinic, support services
26 minutes -
Building collapse kills at least 9 people in Morocco’s Fez
27 minutes -
Congo police fire warning shots in burial dispute after suspected Ebola death
30 minutes -
Security officers involved in galamsey will face the law — Lands Ministry
32 minutes -
Keta MCE supports Keta FC with GH¢10,000 ahead of Middle League
32 minutes -
Livestream: JoyNews National Dialogue on Ghana’s youth and climate change
35 minutes -
Wontumi’s fate near as court gives final deadline for witnesses
35 minutes -
We have done no wrong – Group Ndoum says following court victory
38 minutes -
Dr. Gideon Boako warns banks may reject some forex deposits from next month
39 minutes