Audio By Carbonatix
The Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly (KMA) court has remanded a driver’s mate into prison custody for allegedly possessing ammunitions without lawful authority.
Kwaku Asare Ansah, pleaded guilty to the charge and would reappear before the court presided by Mr Abdul Razak Musah, on February 18, this year.
Prosecuting, Police Chief Inspector Mr Michael Koole told the court that, the complainant, John Manu, was the leader of a neighbourhood watchdog volunteer group at Suame in the Suame Municipality.
He said the suspect is a driver’s mate who resides at Kubease in the Juaben Municipality.
Prosecution said, lately, there had been attacks on residents in Breman and its environs by armed robbers during the night.
He said this made the Suame Municipal Assembly to encourage the formation of watchdog volunteer groups to patrol those areas to ward off criminals.
Chief Inspector Koole said somewhere in February 2020, the complainant was in charge of eleven volunteers in a Toyota pickup patrolling Breman and its environs.
He said on reaching Abaawa Ruth junction, one of the suburbs of Breman, they saw the suspect hiding behind a metal container and so the team stopped and approached him.
He said the suspect on seeing the team threw a black handbag he was holding away and made an attempt to run away.
He was however arrested and when a search was conducted in the handbag, two ammunitions, one screw driver and some other petty items were found in the bag.
Prosecution said, the complainant suspected him to be a thief and handed him over to the police together with the exhibits.
Chief Inspector Koole said, in his cautioned statement, the suspect admitted the offence and was therefore charged before the court.
Latest Stories
-
Official: Sevilla unveil Ghanaian winger Emmanuel Abrokwa on long-term deal
28 minutes -
Eric Tinkler motivated by challenge of improving Kotoko
58 minutes -
Today’s front pages: Wednesday, August 19, 2026
1 hour -
‘You can’t improve players on pitches like this’ – Kotoko coach Tinkler
1 hour -
Petroleum Commission says regulatory reviews have saved Ghana US$2.2bn
1 hour -
Prosecution of former NPP appointees not political persecution – Mustapha Gbande
1 hour -
Revised Ghana Card fees approved by Parliament, not unilaterally introduced – NIA
1 hour -
NIA says Labone Prestige Centre is optional, district offices remain operational
1 hour -
Three-month-old baby girl found abandoned in Ada bush
1 hour -
Boakye Agyarko vows to rebuild NPP into a winning force ahead of 2028
1 hour -
One seriously injured as four vehicles crash on Ofankor–Pokuase stretch days after fatal accident
2 hours -
GES denies GH¢1,500 Free SHS payment directive, urges parents to ignore viral claim
3 hours -
The losses were necessary – Manteaw defends GoldBod’s costly push to win Ghana’s gold market
3 hours -
We are concerned about inflation outlook when it comes to MPC decisions – BoG Governor
4 hours -
GoldBod had to ‘pay more’ to beat Indians, Chinese in Ghana’s gold market – Manteaw
4 hours