Audio By Carbonatix
Alexander Isak has not been named in Newcastle's squad for their pre-season tour of Asia.
On Saturday, Magpies boss Eddie Howe said the striker would "absolutely" be part of the squad for their games in Singapore and South Korea.
Newcastle have selected a 30-man group for the trip but said Isak "misses out with a minor thigh injury".
The Sweden international, who scored 27 goals in 42 appearances across all competitions last season, has been heavily linked with a move to Liverpool this summer.
The 25-year-old was also left out of Saturday's 4-0 defeat at Celtic as Newcastle began their pre-season fixtures.
Earlier this week, Liverpool signed Eintracht Frankfurt striker Hugo Ekitike for an initial £69m, a player for whom Newcastle had unsuccessfully bid £70m.
Newcastle, at least publicly, have maintained that Isak is not for sale and Howe said at the weekend he remains "confident" the player will still be at the club at the start of the season.
"I think it's difficult for me to give 100% clarity on any player," Howe said after their defeat by Celtic.
"Alex is happy at Newcastle. He loves the players he plays with, the staff, the team and I've never had any issue with him."
BBC senior football correspondent Sami Mokbel reported last week that Liverpool's pursuit of Isak "suggests they have had some private encouragement" and their interest in the Swede is likely to remain.
Meanwhile, defender Lewis Hall has not featured since February with a foot injury but has been included in the Newcastle tour squad as he steps up his recovery before the new season.
Newcastle face Arsenal on Sunday 27 July in Singapore before travelling to South Korea to take on a K-League All-Star team on 30 July and Tottenham on 3 August.
Latest Stories
-
Illegal connections cost GWL GH₵8.6 Million between August–December 2025
15 seconds -
WPL 2025/26: Hasaacas Ladies move to top of Southern Zone as Ampem Darkoa continue lead
16 minutes -
Ghana Water Limited needs over GH₵3.5bn to replace ageing pipelines — MD
39 minutes -
Ageing water plants to blame for persistent water shortages — GWL boss
56 minutes -
National Security Strategy gathering dust while Ghanaians die in Burkina Faso — Kwesi Aning
1 hour -
‘Not one warning issued’- Prof Aning criticises gov’t over failure to alert tomato traders on Burkina Faso risk
2 hours -
Today’s Front pages : Tuesday, February 17, 2026
2 hours -
Ghana, Spain deepen agribusiness ties as GB Foods calls on Trade Minister, unveils 6k-acre tomato project
2 hours -
Our Alhaji of Radio Univers is gone
2 hours -
Eve and Twinsdntbeg to headline 10th anniversary of the Warwick Africa Summit 2026
2 hours -
Continental Free Trade Area must benefit farmers – AfCFTA Secretary-General Wamkele Mene
3 hours -
MTN Ghana and CalBank launch 2026 “Save A Life” campaign
3 hours -
24 Hour Economy Secretariat engages Bank of Ghana on policy alignment
3 hours -
The fugu fight: A lesson in identity, a reminder of our power in unity
3 hours -
Minority Whips are the backbone of my leadership – Afenyo-Markin
3 hours
