Audio By Carbonatix
Communications Director of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), Henry Asante Twum, says it's 'painful' the Black Stars missed out on a place at the next Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON).
The draw for the tournament to be staged in Morocco happened in Rabat on Monday, January 27, with all qualifying teams finding out their opposition.
One team who will not be involved in the continental flagship tournament is Ghana, who failed to advance from their qualifying group.
Speaking on Sporty FM earlier on Tuesday, Asante Twum admitted the Black Stars absence for the first time 20 years leaves 'mixed feelings.'
"To miss out of AFCON qualification is a mixed feeling, especially when teams like Botswana are there. It felt very painful," he said.
Asante Twum, however, backed the decision to keep head coach Otto Addo as he revealed Ghanaians were warned about the challenges his appointment could come with.
"Based on results, one can easily conclude Otto Addo shouldn't be there but before his appointment , there was an announcement that there will be tough times."
Having missed out on the 2025 AFCON, Ghana will now turn attention to securing a slot at next year's World Cup with the next set of qualifiers set for March.
Latest Stories
-
Ebola vaccine could take nine months as death toll rises further, WHO warns
10 minutes -
Money can be traced in GIIF ‘Sky Train’ case – Kow Essuman fires back at Deputy AG
14 minutes -
25/26 UEFA Europa League: Unai Emery leads Aston Villa to first European trophy in 44 years
20 minutes -
Southampton lose appeal against play-off expulsion
27 minutes -
SkySat Technologies, Konica Minolta launch VIP Experience in Accra
49 minutes -
Africa’s capital must power digital innovation and infrastructure – KGL Group Chair
52 minutes -
Policy rate cuts won’t spur growth without cheaper bank loans – Economist
54 minutes -
OBZ Group founder urges regulation of fuel sales in galamsey communities
1 hour -
Closure of Kaneshie footbridge forces traders, commuters to risk crossing highway daily
1 hour -
World Bank mission team pays courtesy call on Gender Minister
2 hours -
Aggrieved customers threaten fresh protests at Finance Ministry over unpaid locked up funds
2 hours -
‘Did Mahama lie his way to power?’ – Gold Coast Customers react to compensation delay
2 hours -
“We don’t have the money to pay” – Finance Minister tells financial sector victims
2 hours -
ORAL: Prosecution closes its case in Skytrain trial
2 hours -
Armwrestling – Prisons Boss Baffoe-Bonnie hosts officers to a luncheon
2 hours