The Minister of Trade and Industry, Alan Kojo Kyerematen, has commiserated with Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia following the death of his mother.
The death of Hajia Mariama Bawumia was announced by the Vice President in a statement earlier this morning.
Reacting to the news of her death, Mr Kyerematen said he was shocked and saddened to hear the news.
“I have learnt with shock and sadness the passing into eternity of Hajia Mariama Bawumia, mother of H.E. Alhaji Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, Vice President of the Republic,” he stated in a Facebook post.
Mr Kyerematen, in the post, extended his sympathies to the Vice President, his wife and the family for their loss.
“My wife, Patricia and l extend our deep sympathies to Dr Bawumia, his wife Samira, and the rest of the family. May Hajia Mariama’s soul rest in the peace of Allah,” he added.
- Christian Atsu: Hatayspor official says there was mistaken identity, player still not found
- Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu can’t be located 24 hours after rescue – Family
- Tema Motorway is gone; apply common sense when driving – Expert tells drivers
- A-G asks Auditor-General to unpublish ‘premature’ Covid-19 Audit Report
- We’ll not allow the Judiciary to be used to intimidate Ablakwa from carrying out mandate – Minority
- Government forcing banks to coerce customers to accept DDEP – Senyo Hosi
- DDEP: We are testing Ofori-Atta’s Christianity – Individual bondholders on call for exemption
- Debt Exchange: Over GH¢31bn of bonds to be restructured will mature this year
- Hold Akufo-Addo and National Security responsible if Ablakwa is harmed – Ras Mubarak
- Let’s pray KT Hammond and Steven Amoah don’t exchange blows at Trade Ministry – Murtala Mohammed
- Auditor-General complied with the law by publishing Covid-19 Audit Report – Avedzi to Dame
- Akufo-Addo swears in 21 new High Court judges
- MTN ‘Save a Life Campaign’ back after a 2-year break
- Tyre Nichols: Policeman took and shared photos of injured man
- Walmart gunman who killed 23 pleads guilty to hate crimes
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, February 9, 2023
- Airports Company ordered to release Frontiers Healthcare Service Ltd contract to Joy News
- Deal with perpetrators of Bawku conflict as pure criminals – Defence Minister tells military
- I’m ever ready to be a political prisoner of conscience – Ablakwa rubbishes imprisonment threat
- KNUST researchers develop transportable-container kiosk
- Twitter outage sees users told they are over daily tweet limit
- SIGA buses CEOs and Board Chairs to annual stakeholder conference
- McDonald’s manager ‘exposed himself in front of me’
- Nigeria election 2023 in Katsina: ‘You let kidnappers take me, now you want my vote’
- Google’s Bard AI bot mistake wipes $100bn off shares