The Ashanti Regional National Democratic Congress (NDC) has begun a four-day retreat for all constituency executives at the Ashanti Berkwai Methodist Church.
The four-day-long retreat is to have an in-person interaction with the executives to not only assess the outcomes and excesses of the 2020 elections.
It is also to bring them up to speed with the major hurdles they faced leading to the loss of constituencies previously won by the NDC.
Due to the large number of constituencies totalling 46 within the region, the constituencies have been grouped into a cluster of four with ten to thirteen constituencies each to cover the four-day retreat.
The first day of the retreat saw the attendance of national and regional executives, former appointees and other party stalwarts.
Ofosu Ampofoh (National Chairman), Barbara Asamoah (Deputy National Secretary), Kojo Bonsu (Former KMA boss and former NSA Director), Alex Mould (Former Minister of Energy), Betty Mould Iddrisu (Former Attorney General) etc.
Mr Kojo Bonsu, whose great works during his days as the KMA boss brought massive development to the region, was present as a resource person bringing aboard his vast experience within the region to shape discourse on how to maximise the fortunes of the NDC come 2024 elections.
Constituencies within the first cluster included Fomena, Adansi Asokwa, New Adubease, Akrofuom, Obuasi East and West, Berkwai, Odotobri, Manso Adubea, Manso Nkwanta, Bosome Freho and Bosomtwi.
The retreat is expected to end on Saturday, October 30, 2021.
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: 5 things Otto Addo must fix after our game with South Korea
- Ashanti NSS boss insults nurse for suggesting a change in prescription
- Government still wasteful but imposes austerity on Ghanaians – Joe Jackson
- Fire destroys shops at Kantamanto market
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- Fentuo Tahiru Fentuo: The day Kudus shone, in Jordan’s shadow
- Ex-Black Stars midfielder Sulley Muntari retires, age 38
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- World Bank concerned about Ghana becoming more reliant on natural resource extraction
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- 7th West Africa Agrofood & Plastprintpack International Trade Fair opens in Accra
- Infrastructure development and institutional reforms not adequate – Torgbuiga Adzonugaga Amenya Fiti V
- M.anifest announces KooKusi as winner of #MyCleanAndPure challenge ahead of Manifestivities
- Motorists, residents outraged over poor state of Olebu roads
- Government urged to increase school feeding grant per child from GH₵ 1.00 to GH₵5.00
- Black Stars Playbook: Ghana 3-2 South Korea; why Ghana struggled in the wide areas
- 2022 World Cup: Koulibaly powers Senegal to last 16 after win over Ecuador
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Play Soccer Ghana commemorates Global Peace Games 2022
- State Prosecutors call Manasseh Azure Awuni as first witness in trial of former PPA boss
- Why NGOs should embrace digitisation of payments and collections
- ‘You’ll see, more is coming from my boy’ – Andre Ayew on Kudus’ future
- Amassing wealth as a politician is wickedness – Executive Director of CNIR
- Qatar 2022: You risk going to jail if you resell match tickets – Sports Minister warns Ghana supporters
- Kantamanto market fire: we need stakeholder engagement to provide affordable microinsurance – Insurance Brokers Association