Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia has admonished the people of Kajeji in the Sene East Constituency to change their pattern of voting by choosing the New Patriotic Party (NPP) in the December polls.
After several years of voting for the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Mr Bawumia urged the people to opt for the NPP.
“I know that in this constituency, you have voted for the NDC since 1992 but they have not brought any development to the people.
“I urge you all to vote for the NPP to bring growth and development to Sene East Constituency,” he stated.
According to the Vice President during a 2-day campaign tour in the Bono East Region, the Akufo-Addo-led government has performed better in ensuring the growth and development of the constituency and the country at large than the NDC administration.
He added that in terms of the country’s development, a vote for the NDC is a step backwards.
“After the Kuffour-led administration, he left the country with the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), school feeding program, capitation grant among others but during the NDC administration, all of these initiatives have been poorly managed,” he stated.
Dr Bawumia stated that the government has put in place measures to financially support newly enrolled students in tertiary institutions.
“Our children who make it to the tertiary level but cannot support themselves financially would be given a loan. They would make payments after a year of their mandatory National Service to the country.
This would help them establish themselves and also settle the debt,” he added.
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- 2023 AFCONQ: Inaki Williams withdraws from Black Stars squad to face Madagascar
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- Read Supreme Court’s full judgement in Gyakye Quayson case
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- Kwabena Donkor hits back at World Bank Country Director over his claims on PPAs signed under NDC
- Supreme Court’s reasoning for kicking Gyakye Quayson out of Parliament strange – Sammy Gyamfi
- Banks in Ghana too profitable; impose ‘Bank Tax’ on their investments – British Financial Economist
- Ghana patients in danger as nurses head for NHS in UK – medics
- NPP has no locus when it comes to winning Assin-North by-election – Mustapha Gbande
- Assin-North by-election: Charles Opoku has no allegiance to Assin-North constituency – Mustapha Gbande
- Gbi Godenu, other communities in Hohoe to soon become defecation free with new public toilet facilities
- Ada Traditional Council seeks state security for Songor Salt Project
- Help care for the aged in the society – Noble Age Foundation
- From Eric’s Diary: Ei! So, NPP can break the 8?
- Gov’t remains committed to protecting Anglogold Ashanti Mines – Lands Minister
- Dutch & Co’s logo evolution reflects an exciting future for the company
- Military officers from 6 Infantry Battalion end 4-week course on violent extremism in Tamale
- Our decision on Justice Torkonoo will be known after we peruse full judgement on Gyakye Quayson – Agbodza
- No basic school has new curriculum textbooks – Clement Apaak
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- Bonn Climate Change Conference: AGN pushes adaptation measures for women and youth
- Toptech Ghana to provide ISO certified defensive driving course for corporate and VIP drivers