Staff of Republic Bank Ghana, a subsidiary of Republic Financial Holdings Limited of Trinidad and Tobago, have donated various Personal Protective Equipment and other medical accessories to thirteen (13) health centres across the country under its Employee Volunteerism Programme.
The total value of the donation which amounted to GHS160,000.00 was raised through voluntary contribution by Staff, and the Bank matching the funds raised.
Last month, the Republic Financial Holdings Limited announced a $2 million contribution towards the fight against Covid-19 collectively across 13 territories that the Bank operates.
In the Ghanaian perspective, the Bank announced a GHS1.1 million contribution towards the fight and targeted to support institutions at the frontline of the Covid-19.
According to the Head of Human Resources of Republic Bank Ghana, Mr Tetteh Mamah, the staff of the Bank also recognised the need to support other health centres across the country to equip them in the fight against the Covid-19.
“In that regard, the Managing Director initiated an appeal and all staff of the Bank voluntarily supported by donating, in keeping with the Bank’s Mission to ‘implement policies to benefit the communities we serve,’” Mr Mamah said.
The Health Centres which benefited from the staff contribution were; the Cape Coast General Hospital, EffiaNkwanta Hospital, Takoradi, Swedru General Hospital, Tema Polyclinic, Ashaiman Polyclinic, Koforidua Municipal Hospital, Sefwi Wiawso Municipal Hospital, Bibiani Government Hospital, Holy Family Hospital, Techiman, Tamale Teaching Hospital, Bolga Regional Hospital and the Ga East Hospital in Accra.
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- NDC party has now become lame – Dan Abodakpi
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
- 8 more die of Covid-19, active cases now 1,334
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- Doctor withdraws notice to leave health centre after Bawumia donated equipment and supplies
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
More apprentices write COTVET exams in Bono Region
Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
‘A spit in the face of football lovers’ – Uefa boss condemns European Super League plans
GRIDCo releases excess fibre capacity to CSquared for broadband distribution
Amansie West MP initiates responsible mining program
My call to duty is worship – Wendy asserts in new song
Government to switch off analogue signal soon as CDTCL takes off
Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
Government assures local creditors of AirtelTigo arrangement to settle debt owed company
NASA makes history by flying a helicopter on Mars for the first time
We possess the ingenuity to oversee our economic restoration – Ofori-Atta tells staff
Herrera and Ozil among players slamming European Super League
Namibia asks gay parents to prove link to children
Film producer Alfred Agyapong ready to inject $150k into film industry
7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize