A 28-year-old driver who defiled a 15-year-old girl and got her pregnant at Afari in the Atwima-Nwabiagya South Municipality has been remanded into police custody by the Nkawie circuit court.
The plea of Akwasi Nkrumah was not taken and would reappear before the court presided by Mr Michael Johnson Abbey, on May 19, this year.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Sylvanus Dalmeida told the court that the complainant was the father of the victim, who is a junior high school pupil.
He said in December last year the suspect met the victim in town and lured her into his room and had sexual intercourse with her.
DSP Dalmeida said the suspect gave the victim GHC10.00 and warned her not to tell anybody else she would die.
The victim therefore kept her ordeal to herself until March this year when her father detected that she was pregnant.
According to the Prosecution, the father sent the victim to a hospital and it was confirmed that she was four month old pregnant and upon interrogation, she mentioned the name of the suspect.
A report was made to the Nkawie police who arrested him and in his caution statement, he admitted the offence.
DSP Dalmeida said the police were continuing with their investigations.
- Former Energy Minister caused $170m loss to the state – John Jinapor
- CID to investigate Power Purchasing Agreement that resulted in $170m judgment debt – AG
- Dr. Mac-Palm was the main brain behind the plot to overthrow government – Military Chief alleges
- AstraZeneca, Sputnik V vaccines potent against Covid-19 Delta variant – GHS
- Controversial Judgment Debt: Power Purchasing Agreement between Ghana and GPGC explained
- Parliament to pass stringent law to fight activities of LGBTQI+ – Bagbin
- ‘You will not be Attorney General forever’ – Jinapor to Godfred Dame
- Kenneth Awotwe Darko: ‘I made a career out of telling stories of my pain’ – Why Omar Sterling’s album was worth the wait
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, June 23, 2021
- Alan Kyerematen, Akufo-Addo visit two 1D1Fs in Bawumia’s hometown
ECG announces 22 days of ‘dumsor’ for parts of Accra
Teacher welfare concerns to be addressed with alacrity – Ntim Fordjour
Euros On MGL: Spain thrash Slovakia to reach last 16
Many youth in Kumasi are contracting Covid-19 – John Amuasi
GPL wrap: Kotoko reclaim top spot after victory over Karela, Dreams climb into top 4
Judgment debt saga: We did not pay attention to letter of agreement – Ben Boakye
Strong partnerships and boldness needed to tackle Covid-19 challenges – Akufo-Addo
FanMilk Ghana inaugurates new office to expand business
KMA targets $1m under 2021 Global Mayors Challenge
Covid-19: Government has paid GH¢500m out of GH¢896m for free water supply -Cecilia Dapaah
The quality of our music is declining – Appietus
Hollard Insurance MD, Daniel Boi Addo hosts webinar on Insuretech
DCOP (Rtd) Opare Addo was removed from office for obstructing his successors work – Kan Dapaah
Bullion van attack: Insurers can’t honour claims arising from unamoured cash-transit vehicles – ASIAC
Absa Bank Ghana rolls out MoneyGram services