The Head of Consumer Products at Ecobank Ghana, Kate Thompson has stated that the bank’s Deposit More and Win Big Express promo has greatly increased the its visibility and number of deposits since its inception.
This, she said informed the bank’s decision to reward its loyal customers.
Ecobank Ghana launched the Xpress promotion to fulfill the financial inclusion agenda and reward loyal customers and agents.
The winners were awarded for the number of customers or accounts they were able to register on Ecobank’s Express account.
The winners, who are customers and agents of Ecobank were given cash prizes and airtime.
Speaking in an interview, Head of Consumer Products at Ecobank, Kate Thompson said the promo has increased deposits and has generated more profits for the bank.
“Basically, we wanted visibility and it has, we’ve seen the number of accounts been opened grow and we’ve seen deposits grow because of the promo, we were looking at both our traditional accounts and our digital accounts as well, so this promo was able to give all kinds of visibility to the accounts”.
“We saw accounts been opened in various communities so it helped us to be certain that our financial inclusion agenda is actually real”, she said.
Anthony Torsu, a winner of the Ecobank Express promo mentioned that the cash prize will help him to expand and grow his business to greater heights and he expressed his appreciation to Ecobank for the opportunity.
“It will be a good motivation for my staff and my team who have been working so hard, it will ll be a good Christmas bonus for them and the rest, put it back into the business and hope that next year would be better than this year”.
Partner of the promo, National Lottery Authority commended Ecobank for their immense support to businesses and customers.
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- U-23 AFCON 2023Q: Ghana seals qualification with victory over Algeria
- I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Steps to establish Ghana’s Integrated Aluminium Industry on course – Lands Minister
- Stonebwoy unveils tracklist and cover art for upcoming album ‘5th Dimension’
- Basketmouth opens up on struggles early on in comedy career
- ECG to disconnect Ho Teaching Hospital, Ho Municipal Hospital over arrears
- Video: How man used bare hands to rescue trapped gold miners in DR Congo
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- How climate change impact on fisheries is pushing artisanal fishers into IUU fishing in Ghana
- Ashanti Region records 181 maternal mortality in 2022
- Ghana Airlines will be operational by June this year – Transport Minister
- Africa should focus on digital economy and innovation – Kamala Harris
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Kamala Harris hails immense impact of medical drone delivery in Ghana
- Black Stars team manager clarifies André Ayew teamsheet error against Angola
- Kamala Harris in Ghana: The US Vice President and the arts
- There’s still political interference in Ghana’s chieftaincy institution – Akyem Bosome Omanhene