Fire has razed down a 14-bedroom apartment at Odomase, in the Sunyani West Municipal capital, destroying personal belongings and property running into thousands of Ghana cedis.
Although there were no casualties, everything in the apartment was burnt to ashes.
The cause of the fire is yet to be known.
The Assistant Divisional Officer Grade Two (ADOII) Kwame Adomako, the Deputy Public Relations Officer of the Bono Regional Command of the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS), told the Ghana News Agency in an interview that the fire started around 2000 hours on Thursday January 5, 2023.
He said people around the neighbourhood were able to rescue the only woman in one of the apartments when the fire started.
Unfortunately, when the personnel of the GNFS reached the scene, the fire had already assumed a dangerous dimension, he stated.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- The 3 MPs who missed out on voting during approval of ministerial nominees
- Substantial elements of Anti-LGBTQ bill have been modified – Akufo-Addo
- Debt servicing relief: China pledges to support Ghana
- U.S government to send resident advisor to help Ghana attain debt sustainability
- Banks record significant losses due to DDEP – BoG
- US is committed to strengthening relationship with Africa – Kamala Harris
- Bond market: Trading activity in government bonds slumps by 15.5
- Let’s continue to invest in good governance, democracy – Kamala Harris
- T-bills auction: Government to borrow ¢1.34bn this week
- We’ll fish out our MPs who approved Akufo-Addo’s ministers – Joseph Yamin
- Cedi starts week on strong note; $1 now ¢12.25
- Women must be given more leadership roles – Kamala Harris
- Comprehensive gender policy needed to fight gender-based violence – EGDC boss
- Study in the Philippines
- ‘Dream with ambition, lead with conviction’ – Kamala Harris urges African youth
- German Municipal Assembly delegation pays visit to Ketu South municipality to discuss climate change partnership
- NCA’s Director for Finance Ebenezer Nartey wins Public Sector Finance Leader award
- Naming ceremony has been bastardized due to Urbanization – Ga Mashie Development Agency boss
- Ho Teaching Hospital, other health facilities owe ECG GH₵8.9 million