AshantiGold midfielder, Seth Osei, has denied being involved in any activity of match manipulation their AshGold’s game against Inter Allies last season.
The Miners beat the Tema-based side with a 7-0 scoreline at the Len Clay Stadium in a game the Ghana Football Association confirmed to be a fixed fixture.
After a thorough investigation into the game, the Ghana Football Association came out with a verdict on Monday, May 16, with both teams suffering demotion to Ghana’s Division Two while some other players were also handed bans.
Osei was handed a 30-month ban 7-0 for his involvement in the game which saw his side score seven times at home in the Ghana Premier League.
However, speaking in an interview with Pure FM, the 22-year-old said he does not believe the ban will be effective as he was not involved.
“I am innocent and I am not worried about this ban,” he said.
“I have no idea about this because I was not involved in this scandal and for me, this ban will not stand.
“I never had communication with any player ahead of the game and that is my worry.
“This ban will not stand because I am innocent,” he added.
The decision from the Ghana FA is set to be effective from the 2022/23 season.
- Jackie Appiah trends on Twitter as video of posh Trassaco mansion pops up
- Drama as Nigerian lawyer dresses as native doctor to Supreme Court
- Social media users troll Shatta Wale over Jackie Appiah’s mansion
- Scores injured in accident on Accra-Kumasi highway
- National Cathedral: Lies are being told to cause disaffection – John Kumah
- Finance Minister accounted for less than 50% of Covid-19 expenditure – Dr. Asiedu
- 18 dead in mass break-in to Spanish enclave
- Tonto Dikeh nominated as running mate to Rivers State governorship candidate
- Empress Gifty’s grandmother passes on
- Playback: Newsfile discusses accountability surrounding National Cathedral, Covid-19 expenditure
Fire guts 10-bedroom house at Dwase-Praso
2022 MTN FA Cup final: the five key players to watch
Take steps to prevent torture during operations – CHRAJ to Security Agencies
Tonto Dikeh nominated as running mate to Rivers State governorship candidate
Make youth development in peace a priority – UN Peace Ambassador to African leaders
Social media users troll Shatta Wale over Jackie Appiah’s mansion
Scores injured in accident on Accra-Kumasi highway
National Cathedral: Board of Trustees must also be blamed for infractions – Antwi-Bosiako
Over 1000 Nigeriens repatriated – Gender Ministry
Finance Minister accounted for less than 50% of Covid-19 expenditure – Dr. Asiedu
All issues raised about National Cathedral will be addressed – Dr John Kumah
National Cathedral: Lies are being told to cause disaffection – John Kumah
Suspects held over Nigeria church massacre
Uncle Ebo’s ‘I slept with your wife’ shows today at the National Theatre
National Cathedral: Let us explore $50m cost option – Martin Kpebu