An injury-time goal scored by defender Samuel Bioh helped Aduana Stars beat Asante Kotoko in the top-liner of Ghana Premier League week 11.
With the game heading for a stalemate, Bioh collected a pass and went past two defenders before unleashing a powerful strike into the net to give Aduana a 1-0 win.
However, the talking point from the game was the two teams’ decision to play the first half with 10 players each.
The sides decided to start the game with their 11th – and final – players sitting on the touchlines.
Aduana’s Farouk Adams and Kotoko’s Martin Antwi were captured by TV cameras sitting on the touchline as the first half progressed.
In Tarkwa, Hearts of Oak and Karela United played out a goalless draw. Ashanti Gold remained top with 1-0 win over Dreams FC in Obuasi, Elmina Sharks beat Ebusua Dwarfs and WAFA drew with Eleven Wonders.
Re-live the games:
- Debt Exchange: 8 banks highly exposed to government bonds, may be hit hardest – Report
- Minority loses censure motion to dismiss Ofori-Atta
- Playback: Parliament determines Ken Ofori-Atta’s fate
- Cedi strengthens further against dollar; $1 now ¢13
- Developing world faces $2.5trn shock; Ghana behaves like rich sultanate in the gulf – Bloomberg
- 2023 Budget: 4 key areas that received less allocation than National Cathedral
- Driver’s mate killed, 2 in critical condition in gory accident at Gomoa Dominase
- Kalybos and I will have a child together if we are still single in 2 years – Ahuofe Patri
- ‘Ajax is getting too small for Mohammed Kudus’ – Inaki Williams
- Censure motion: Majority MPs walk out as Minority members cast vote
- IoD-GH partners BoG to launch National Corporate Governance Code
- UBA Ghana’s Belinda Tinkorang named Corporate Lady of the Year
- Kofi Akpaloo promises to invest $1bn into Ghana football if voted as president
- Gunmen kidnap Nigerian politician’s wife and children
- Reality zone with Vicky Wireko: Pallbearers – wherein lies the attraction?
- Charles Cardinal: Food production in Ghana; The case of one-vilage-one-dam
- American rapper The Game to feature Jay Bahd in new track
- Kofi Kinaata’s ‘Made in Taadi’ 2022 edition cancelled
- 1$ now ¢12.80
- ‘People appreciate the way I dress and look all the time’ – Ceccy Twum
- Brittney Griner lands in US after prisoner swap with Russia
- Support government to revive economy – Labour unions urged
- ‘2022 World Cup was a nice experience’ – Baba Rahman
- Vaccination of birds against Avian Influenza remains valuable if done wisely
- Beautiful photos drop as Mahama’s son and Algerian wife welcome their 1st child