The Ghana Premier League season is starting to take shape without Hearts of Oak and Asante Kotoko who are both struggling for form.
Kotoko will look to start life without Maxwell Konadu when they play Dreams FC at Dawu.
Two of the three unbeaten sides face each other when Karela United meet Bechem United.
Last week, our four selected games saw Kotoko pick up their first win of the season, Hearts dominate Dreams and AshGold put five goals past King Faisal.
These are the four key games you can’t afford to miss this matchday:
Bechem United vs Karela United
The first game of the round sees two of the three unbeaten sides in the league clash at the Nana Gyeabour Park in Bechem.
Bechem United welcome Karela in a mouth-watering fixture between two sides who are currently overachieving.
The away team are top of the table after five games and the home team are just three points behind.
Despite being top of the table, assistant coach Steve Abugri told Happy FM that his side won’t get complacent.
“We are delighted to be on top of the table but we are not going to be carried away because of it. We will not lose focus since there are more matches to be played in the season.”
The only meeting between the two sides was back in 2018 when Bechem United beat Karela United 1-0 at home.
Hafiz Konkoni (2) and Diawisie Taylor (3) have scored five goals between them this season and will try and increase their tallies when they meet on Friday.
Stadium: Nana Gyeabour Park, Bechem
Time: Friday, 15:00GMT
Prediction: Bechem United 1-1 Karela United
King Faisal vs Hearts of Oak
Hearts of Oak have blown hot and cold this season sitting ninth so far. The Phobians have just one win from five games, drawing two and losing two.
The appointment of Kosta Papic brought renewed energy to the club which saw the Accra-based club brush aside Dreams FC winning 3-0.
However, the fire was immediately quenched after a poor showing at Aduana Stars.
Up next is a fixture against King Faisal who were beaten 5-1 by AshGold last week.
Despite losing heavily, the Insha Allah boys have showed lots of promise this season six goals in five games this season.
Four points from five games leaves King Faisal in the bottom three, but it’s worth to note the difference between Olympics who are fifth and Faisal is just three points.
King Faisal are unbeaten at home this season and will be in high spirits when they meet an out of form Hearts of Oak.
Stadium: Nana Ameyaw Park, Techiman
Time: Saturday, 15:00GMT
Prediction: King Faisal 1-2 Hearts of Oak
Dreams FC vs Asante Kotoko
It has been a rollercoaster week for Asante Kotoko. Their first win of the Ghana Premier League season against Legon Cities was preceded by qualification to the second round of the CAF Champions League preliminary round.
Unfortunately, the week ended on a contrasting note after Kotoko suffered a home defeat against Olympics for the first time in 24 years.
The result led to the sacking of coach Maxwell Konadu with assistant Johnson Smith set to take charge in the interim.
Dreams FC on the other hand will be relishing the prospect of meeting a Kotoko side in disarray.
The Still Believe lads will look to bounce back from the humiliating 3-0 defeat at the hands of Hearts of Oak last week.
Top scorer of Dreams, Joseph Esso didn’t start against his former side and coach of the side Winfred Dormon explained the decision.
“Esso was not too well, he was nursing an injury and if he was that fit we would have started him.”
Esso is expected to be fit to face Kotoko which could make task much tougher for the Kumasi-based side who face Al Hilal three days later.
Stadium: Theatre of Dreams, Dawu
Time: Saturday, 15:00GMT
Prediction: Dreams FC 2-1 Asante Kotoko
Berekum Chelsea vs Aduana Stars
Matchday six extends to Monday when Aduana Stars travel to play Berekum Chelsea.
Berekum Chelsea have struggled for goals this season scoring three goals in five games.
Their home form should provide confidence as the Blues are yet to lose a game this season.
Aduana Stars coach Paa Kwasi Fabin described the victory against Hearts of Oak as a turnaround.
That victory was the first of the season for the Dormaa-based club who will be pleased to have Yahaya Mohammed back.
Recent meetings suggest Aduana Stars come into this game as favourites winning two of the last encounters with the remaining two ending in a stalemate.
Two balanced teams who are after the three points to help propel their season should be an exciting fixture.
Stadium: Golden City Park, Berekum
Time: Monday, 15:00GMT
Prediction: Berekum Chelsea 2-2 Aduana Stars
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Go to school, don’t wait to get everything on your prospectus – Education Minister to SHS freshers
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- GNFS expresses reservation over reopening of Kejetia Market
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- Fifi Folson making Gospel funky on Joy FM
- EIU revises global growth forecast for 2023 to 2%
- Actor Mawuli Gavor and wife expecting first child
- Growth and Sustainability Levy breaches petroleum agreement, could trigger ligation – Petroleum Chamber
- IMF bailout to depend on government’s ability to achieve 55% of debt to GDP – Fitch
- Lamisi honoured in Netherlands for promoting Ghanaian culture
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- JessiEmma releases ‘Amazing Grace’, a love song to God
- Producer Price Inflation falls to 50.8% in February 2023
- Debt Exchange: Insurers to re-strategise to avert threats to prompt payment of claims
- Shatta Wale gives conditions for return to VGMA
- Heeding Mahama’s advice would have prevented us from going to IMF on a stretcher – Sammy Gyamfi to Akufo-Addo
- “Consider cocoa pricing in your legislation”- COCOBOD Chief tells EU
- Former Black Stars player Emmanuel Oblitey dies at 69