The weekly review show on Joy Prime, Sports Zone, engaged in heated debates on the roles of Jordan Ayew and Kudus Mohammed for the Black Stars.
Ayew has been a divisive figure since his 2011 debut, as fans argue that he has not justified the significant game time given by subsequent coaches of the Black Stars.
Joy Sports’ Daniel Koranteng, making his first appearance on the show since joining the Multimedia Group, argued passionately in favour of the Crystal Palace forward.
This prop comes on the back of Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, singling out the Ghanaian for praise after his side played Palace at the weekend – together with Wilfried Zaha of the Ivory Coast.
This was after the younger Ayew was omitted from the #SportsZone Ghanaian Players Abroad XI, which was based on performance metrics from league games so far this season.
Also on the show, hosted by Fentuo Tahiru Fentuo, was panelist Philip Sitsofe Atsrim.
Since 2022, Senegal has emerged victorious in six major CAF-sanctioned competitions, with their latest win being the 2023 U-20 Africa Cup of Nations over the weekend.
Fentuo delivered an editorial urging the Kurt Okraku-led Ghana Football Association (GFA) to partner with their Senegalese counterparts to adopt that country’s football development template.
Meanwhile, Koranteng notes that Senegal’s success is not accidental but is a result of proper planning and policy implementation.
THE KUDUS QUESTION
Sitsofe argued that Kudus, who has been on fire this season in a forward role for club side Ajax, should not be played as a midfielder for the Black Stars going forward. Instead, the pundit argued that the in-form player be moved to the forward positions since he is not as creative as many have perceived.
Love what you’ve seen?
Catch #SportsZone live every Monday from 9 pm to 10 pm on the Joy Prime TV channel. Sports Zone provides a comprehensive review of all the weekend’s sporting events.
Monday’s edition featured discussions on Senegal’s recent dominance in African football, the review of Ghana Premier League round 21 games, Ghanaian players abroad, and a review of Premier League week 27 games.
- I didn’t attend the seminary to become a Priest – Rev. Akua Boateng
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- Livestream: MPs voting on approval of Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- ‘I’ll direct that your hand be cut off one day’ – Speaker teases Afenyo-Markin
- Ghana is not poor, we are only being poorly managed – Dr. Ali-Nakyea
- We’ve had positive talks with China over $1.7bn debt – Finance Minister
- Parliament approves all six ministerial nominees
- Eugene Osei-Tutu: State funding of political parties; are we ready?
- Ho Central NDC primaries: It is time to reward loyalty and hard work – Randsford Kasu
- Akufo-Addo laughs over Volta Regional Minister’s new nickname- ‘Triple 66’
- Beyoncé and Adidas reportedly end partnership
- Foreign on indigenous: A look at Ghana’s fashion industry
- 2023 Onga Cook Art: Keta SHTS defeats Mafi Adidome SHS and three other schools to qualify for zonals
- Damongo primaries: Adam Mutawakilu should go unopposed – NDC polling station executives
- Parliament adopts new rules as MPs vote on fate of ministerial appointees
- Twitter will kill ‘legacy’ blue checks on April 1
- Minority to ‘do everything possible’ to reject Ministerial nominees – Murtala Muhammed
- Off-duty pilot flying as passenger takes over plane after captain becomes incapacitated mid-flight
- Qpee Vibez out with new Afrobeats song titled ‘Allo’
- US Vice President to visit Ghana on March 27 to deepen bilateral relations, strengthen trade and investment
- MUSIGA to hold elections on August 8 after 4 years of postponements