The founder and leader of the Heaven Way Church, Patricia Asiedua, alias ‘Nana Agradaa’ has denied allegations of defrauding some members of her church.
She said those allegations are untrue.
The self-styled pastor said she only shared money with her church members to help boost their businesses.
According to her, on the night [Saturday, October 8] that she shared the money, others gave offerings, as is done in all churches in the country.
She explained that allowing them (church members) to give an offering in church does not amount to defrauding them.
“Reverend Mama pat, I came out to tell Ghanaians that I will be gifting cash to my church members for them to use for work.
“So whoever that wanted to get some, should come and accept Jesus as your Saviour and also write your name to become a church member, and then you start coming to church.
“So if I have done my all night and shared my money to my church members and those of you that wrote your names late, you didn’t get some, I have not offended you or defrauded you. So I have not defrauded anyone.,” she said in a short video on Sunday, October 9, before her arrest.
She is currently assisting the Police with the investigation.
In a statement issued on October 9, 2022, the Police said, “Anyone who is a victim of the alleged money doubling scam should report to the Accra Regional Police Command for further action and to assist in the investigation.”
Some members of the Heaven Way Church in Weija accused their leader, Evangelist Mama Pat, popularly known as ‘Nana Agradaa’, of cleverly deceiving them and running away with their monies.
According to the aggrieved congregants, Nana Agradaa promised to double their monies through her special spiritual endowments.
Based on this assurance, the affected worshippers said they were convinced to give her various sums, in expectation of multiplied outcomes.
But in a series of viral videos on social media on Saturday, the church members who reposed confidence in the recently converted fetish priestess said their monies have not been doubled, with no trace of Nana Agradaa.
- I hate Manchester United because they made Sammy Kuffour cry – Gifty Oware-Mensah
- Corrupt officials are like termites… eating the very foundation of our democracy – Torgbe Afede XIV
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Abuse of power is extremely dangerous to our burgeoning democracy – UTAG
- Ghana’s public debt up ¢6.3bn within 2 months to reach ¢575.5bn in June 2023
- Produce the alleged recording of the said inducement – National Security challenges Barker-Vormawor
- Financial system resilient to risks from macroeconomic challenges in 2022 – BoG
- When our moral fundamentals are weak, the economy will explode
- CalBank denies MD exit
- Corruption is the deadliest disease to ever hit Ghana – Domelevo
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest: NMC, Amnesty International Ghana condemn Police brutality
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: IGP Dampare just lost it, he’s just protecting ‘corrupt’ Akufo-Addo – Martin Kpebu
- Government must pay attention to issues plaguing creative arts industry – D-Black
- Without guarantor system, EC would’ve disenfranchised many eligible voters – Omane Boamah
- Nana Krobea Asante unhappy about Ghana’s decline in peace ranking
- OccupyGhana condemns arrests of peaceful demonstrators