Former CEO of Kumasi Asante Kotoko FC, Herbert Mensah, says the porcupines will win this season’s Premier League.
With just six matches to the end of the 2021/22 football season, Kotoko are on top of the league ladder with nine points more than second-placed Bechem United.
Though Asante Kotoko has the brightest chance of winning the league, they still have to win at least three more matches to guarantee the title.
Speaking on the sidelines of the May 9 stadium disaster commemoration, Herbert Mensah was emphatic that Kotoko will win this season’s Ghana Premier League title for a record 25th time.
“Kotoko has almost won the league at the beginning of the year. They must finish strong; people must support them strongly.
“I hope that Kotoko will remain focused not only on the title but the other matches, and I think with the coach, with Nana Yaw Amponsah, with the playing body, they should succeed so that we will be praying for them,” said Herbert.
The Porcupine Warriors next play Ashgold SC at the Len Clay Sports Stadium in the Ghana premier league.
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Fire burns shops at Madina-Ritz junction again
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- Ama Ata Aidoo’s iconic 1987 interview that shook the world
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- Supreme Court verdict sets the rule clear going forward – Daniel Domelevo
- I have no regret serving as Auditor-General – Yao Domelevo
- It’s better late than never – Domelevo rejoices over Supreme Court ruling against forced leave
- EC sets June 27 for Assin North by-election
- 2023 AfroSport Summit: LaLiga joins conference for second straight year
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Tighten rules of Public Financial Management Act to cut budget deficit – Terkper
- Adanwomasehene inaugurates 3-unit classroom block for Adanwomase R/C Primary
- Ghana to fully digitize GMet weather observation system
- Climate Change Talks: Loss and Damage Fund and GST take centre stage as AGN strategises for Bonn SB58
- Simon Wilberforce Kwami Tsadidey
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- ATL is official fabric sponsor at Kumasi Fashion Week 2023
- PFAG provides clarity on Yussif Chibsah’s ‘King Faisal player bribe comments’