The increasing cost of building materials has hindered the desire of people to own houses.
As Ghana’s population grows, mortgage packages have been introduced to make house ownership affordable and easy to access.
This initiative was started by Republic Bank Ghana, formerly HFC Bank.
The bank has introduced a financing mechanism that is flexible and pragmatic.
Formal and informal sector workers with a regular stream of income are eligible for a mortgage loan application.
Head of Mortgage Banking at Republic Bank, Daniel Mohenu, says the bank finances up to 80% while the customer contributes a minimum of 20%.
“For the home purchase mortgage, Republic Bank finances up to 80%. The customer contributes a minimum of 20%. There is also a home equity mortgage. This is when you have an existing property and want to make money out of it. Be it investment or acquiring another property, Republic Bank has products for you. We offer you funds to do what you want to do using the existing property.
“We have the home completion mortgage. This where you have built to the lentil level. If you are cash-trapped and you need a mortgage institution to help you complete the property. With Republic bank, you pay over 15 years, He said.
Republic Bank is poised to provide solutions to all housing needs, at the 2022 edition of Luv FM Habitat Fair.
The 2022 Luv FM Habitat Fair will take off on the 30th of September to the 2nd of October, at the Kumasi City Mall.
The 3 day, is on the theme ‘Homeownership: Where you live matters’ and is expected to attract 100 expected to showcase their offerings (products and services) to the teeming patrons who will throng the fairgrounds.
From land acquisition, sale, starting to build, using the right materials, completing the building to paintings and fitting all that is needed, the Habitat will be a one-stop-shop for all your housing needs.
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Ghanaian nurses to work in UK under new deal – Agyemang Manu
- ‘Thank you Dede Ayew’, tweets ‘praise’ Stars captain for missed penalty as Brazil mauls South Korea
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- All Agenda 111 hospitals cannot be completed by 2024 – NPP MP
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Labour unions kick against any ‘haircut’ on pension funds of workers
- IMF is getting cold feet on deal with Ghana – Ricketts-Hagan alleges
- Debt Exchange: Do not touch our pensions – TUC warns government
- A mounting pile: Ghana’s precarious public finances
- UPSA to limit 2023/24 admissions to aggregate 6
- Work on terminal section of Boankra inland port in progress
- Debt exchange programme was not discussed in Parliament – Dr Ato Forson
- Our government is not a perfect institution; criticisms are welcome – John Kumah
- Check for speech error in your babies – Parents advised
- Minority not against National Cathedral – Haruna Iddrisu
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Man jailed 21 years for shooting Lady Gaga’s dog walker
- Biography of Prof. Justice Henrietta Mensa-Bonsu to be launched in Accra
- Fifa opens disciplinary proceedings against Uruguay FA and four players after Ghana clash
- No more airplane mode – EU to allow calls on flights
- Huawei equips 500 traders with Financial Technology￼
- UK consumers tighten belts before Christmas as cost of living bites
- So many people in Ghana camp at the World Cup may have been a distraction – Osei Owusu Bempah