Former President John Mahama has signed the book of condolence for his former boss and founder of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Jerry John Rawlings.
He wrote his heartfelt words to the statesman at the foyer of the Accra International Conference Centre on Monday when the book was opened to the public.
The late former President Rawlings died at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital on Thursday after a short illness.
Mr Mahama is one of many state officials scheduled to partake in the rite.
Earlier was Speaker of Parliament, Prof Mike Ocquaye, the Chief Justice, Justice Kwesi Anin-Yeboah among other Justices of the Supreme Court.
The flagbearer of the NDC was in the company of the former First Lady, Lordina Mahama.
Daughter of the former President, Dr Zanetor Rawlings, her siblings and family members also visited the AICC to sign the book.
President Akufo-Addo and Vice President Dr Mahamadu Bawumia were the first to do so on Friday after which it was scheduled to continue today.
According to a schedule released by the State Protocol Department, many state functionaries including former President John Agyekum Kufuor are expected to take their turn in the rite later today.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu can’t be located 24 hours after rescue
- 32-year-old nurse commits suicide in Kpasera, Savannah Region
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- Death toll in Turkey and Syria earthquakes rises to nearly 8,000
- Government forcing banks to coerce customers to accept DDEP – Senyo Hosi
- Oscars: Danielle Deadwyler claims Hollywood is ‘deeply impacted by racism’
- Turkey-Syria earthquake: Newborn baby pulled from collapsed building
- Harry and Meghan to be questioned in civil case
- Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu can’t be located 24 hours after rescue – Family
- Nigerian bank workers use ladder to flee protesters
- Safety and security of investment is highest expectation businesses want from government – UKGCC Survey
- Man fined $900 over death of top journalist
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, February 8, 2023
- It will be stinking hypocrisy for police to serve justice by criminalising free speech – Opare Addo
- Ghana’s oil profile under Akufo-Addo unprecedented – Energy Ministry tells Mahama
- LeBron James is NBA all-time scorer
- Shadrach Arloo: Pathologist labels asphyxiation, obstruction of airway by foreign body as cause of death
- Akufo-Addo donates cash, food items towards funeral of late Yagbonwura