Many are feared dead after a gas tanker fell on a commercial vehicle at Osamkrom in the Gomoa Central District, yesterday, June 2.
According to reports, the gas tanker was travelling from Accra to Agona Swedru to offload product while the commercial vehicle was also moving from Swedru towards Winneba.
Some eyewitnesses said upon reaching Osamkrom Prison junction, the commercial vehicle fell into a ditch after the gas tanker landed on it.
Attempts to rescue the trapped passengers took over four hours, the eyewitnesses said.
According to them, they heard some passengers in the car screaming for help.
Officials from the Ghana National Fire Service are yet to disclose the total number of passengers who have died as they await a towing car to lift the tanker off, at the time of filing this report.
The District Chief Executive for Gomoa Central, Benjamin Kojo Oto, revealed that an ambulance has transported some of the casualties to various hospitals and mortuary.
Also at the scene was the Gender Minister Cynthia Morrison who advised drivers to always drive with care as the rainy season approaches.
Meanwhile, Adom News’ correspondent Seth Adjei reported that personnel from the Ghana National Fire Service are yet to lift the tanker from the ditch.
He said passengers have also been left stranded as the roads remain blocked.
- Final year JHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- My uncle hired dummy National Security operatives to terrorise me – Man recounts
- DCOP Opare Addo had no locus to be in office, his contract has expired – National Security Coordinator
- DCOP Opare Addo recounts chilling account of how he was harassed by members of the Delta Force
- Speaker Alban Bagbin urges SALL residents to petition Parliament
- Amaliba withdraws as lawyer for Assin North MP
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- ECOWAS Bank lends $50m to Consolidated Bank Ghana
- Assin North MP’s case: Amaliba files motion to withdraw as lawyer
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwesi Aning
Government will improve GMet Services – Communications Minister
Chelsea beat Leicester to boost Champions League hopes
Manchester City must improve for the Champions League final – Guardiola after Brighton loss
Man Utd’s draw at home to Fulham a “wake-up call” – Solskjaer
Karim Benzema in France Euro 2020 squad after almost six-year absence
State authorities must end brutalities against journalists – PPP
Not using a Hijab while playing football felt weird – Anatu Sadat
Ghana Health Service investigate suspected waterborne disease in Bunbuazio community
Mysterious calabash found in over 70-year-old tree at Tema
Decathlon Ghana to open largest sports store in Accra
Ghana chosen as “case study” for African countries in ensuring digital safety
Ambulance Service CEO worried over concentration of ambulances in cities to the detriment of rural areas
SIM cards re-registration comment by Bawumia ill-informed, highly naive – Minority Leader
NPP Coordinator condemns alleged forceful removal of DCOP Opare Addo from office
Ablekuma Central Assembly warns against building without permits