JoyNews has picked information about a robbery attack at Anyinam on the Accra-Kumasi highway.
The attack allegedly took place at a gold dealer’s shop. Sources say the armed robbers made away with an undisclosed sum of money.
Again, one person was reportedly shot dead.
Giving more details, an eyewitness, Ibrahim Mohammed, said the incident happened around 2pm just close to a shop he was getting food from.
He told JoyNews the robbery incident took close to thirty minutes while persons nearby run for their lives.
“The incident happened around 2:40 thereabout. In fact, I was just at a nearby house buying food and I heard gunshots…it took over thirty minutes for the robbery to happen…they [the robbers] came like they want to sell their gold and within five minutes the shooting begun.
“They were six, some were outside and the others were inside. Unfortunately, they met only one guy there and they shot him in the chest and the stomach as well,” he recounted.
Currently, there is police presence at the scene ensuring calm.
Meanwhile, the police are yet to release a statement on the matter.
- Jackie Appiah trends on Twitter as video of posh Trassaco mansion pops up
- Drama as Nigerian lawyer dresses as native doctor to Supreme Court
- Social media users troll Shatta Wale over Jackie Appiah’s mansion
- Scores injured in accident on Accra-Kumasi highway
- National Cathedral: Lies are being told to cause disaffection – John Kumah
- Finance Minister accounted for less than 50% of Covid-19 expenditure – Dr. Asiedu
- 18 dead in mass break-in to Spanish enclave
- Tonto Dikeh nominated as running mate to Rivers State governorship candidate
- Empress Gifty’s grandmother passes on
- Playback: Newsfile discusses accountability surrounding National Cathedral, Covid-19 expenditure
Fire guts 10-bedroom house at Dwase-Praso
2022 MTN FA Cup final: the five key players to watch
Take steps to prevent torture during operations – CHRAJ to Security Agencies
Tonto Dikeh nominated as running mate to Rivers State governorship candidate
Make youth development in peace a priority – UN Peace Ambassador to African leaders
Social media users troll Shatta Wale over Jackie Appiah’s mansion
Scores injured in accident on Accra-Kumasi highway
National Cathedral: Board of Trustees must also be blamed for infractions – Antwi-Bosiako
Over 1000 Nigeriens repatriated – Gender Ministry
Finance Minister accounted for less than 50% of Covid-19 expenditure – Dr. Asiedu
All issues raised about National Cathedral will be addressed – Dr John Kumah
National Cathedral: Lies are being told to cause disaffection – John Kumah
Suspects held over Nigeria church massacre
Uncle Ebo’s ‘I slept with your wife’ shows today at the National Theatre
National Cathedral: Let us explore $50m cost option – Martin Kpebu