The Police have arrested 12 suspects for their involvement in clashes that ensued in the Chereponi district of the North-East Region on July 25.
The suspects were arrested on August 24, in an intelligence-led operation.
The Police said in a press release issued on Wednesday, August 24.
“Following communal clashes on 25th July, 2022, in the Gbalo and Kukpong/Sagong communities in the Chereponi District of the North-East Region, the Police through an intelligence-led during the wee hours of 24th August, 2022, arrested twelve (12) persons for their involvement the clashes.”
The release added that they will be arraigned today.
“The suspects will be arraigned before court tomorrow [Thursday, August 25] for face justice.”
The suspects are Sulemana A. Mumuni, Salifu Abdulai, Sulemana Seidu, Alidu Mukaila, Adam Naaba, Alhassan Nasona, Bawah Yakubu Ibn Mohammed, Bawah Sake, Imoro Bomah, Imoro Karim, Adams Nasona and Abdulai Yussif.
Meanwhile, it has urged the residents to use dialogue in settling their differences.
“We continue to urge everyone to choose dialogue rather violence in resolving their differences,” the statement concluded.
About the said clashes
The clashes led to the burning down of 16 houses and the killing of livestock in the Gbalo and Kukpong/Sagong communities in the District.
- I hate Manchester United because they made Sammy Kuffour cry – Gifty Oware-Mensah
- Corrupt officials are like termites… eating the very foundation of our democracy – Torgbe Afede XIV
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Abuse of power is extremely dangerous to our burgeoning democracy – UTAG
- Ghana’s public debt up ¢6.3bn within 2 months to reach ¢575.5bn in June 2023
- Produce the alleged recording of the said inducement – National Security challenges Barker-Vormawor
- Financial system resilient to risks from macroeconomic challenges in 2022 – BoG
- When our moral fundamentals are weak, the economy will explode
- CalBank denies MD exit
- Corruption is the deadliest disease to ever hit Ghana – Domelevo
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest: NMC, Amnesty International Ghana condemn Police brutality
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: IGP Dampare just lost it, he’s just protecting ‘corrupt’ Akufo-Addo – Martin Kpebu
- Government must pay attention to issues plaguing creative arts industry – D-Black
- Without guarantor system, EC would’ve disenfranchised many eligible voters – Omane Boamah
- Nana Krobea Asante unhappy about Ghana’s decline in peace ranking
- OccupyGhana condemns arrests of peaceful demonstrators