The Ghana Police Service (GPS) has confirmed one of its officers’ stabbing in the Bono region.
In a Facebook post sighted by myjoyonline.com, the law enforcement agency said the officer was stabbed to death by a “violent suspect” in the region.
According to the Police, “the violent suspect was also shot and killed” in the process.
“The Police Administration, with a heavy heart, wishes to announce that a Police officer has been stabbed to death and in the process, the violent suspect was also shot and killed.
“The sad incident happened in the Bono Region,” portions of the Police post on Facebook reads.
They also noted that further information would be provided on the issue after “we have duly informed the family and the next-of-kin of the late officer.”
“Meanwhile, we respectfully urge the public, especially the Media, not to put the name of the officer and any sensitive details about the incident in the media until the family is duly briefed,” they added.
- Peter Nanfuri’s name will be written in gold in Ghana’s history – Akufo-Addo eulogizes former IGP
- Social media reacts to Bawumia’s ‘One student, One laptop’ announcement
- Agyinasare says he has no intention to cast a slur on Nogokpo and Voltarians
- NPP group in Ashanti angry with Napo over his ‘anti-party’ comments
- Playback: Akufo-Addo addressed Ghanaians on Covid-19, IMF
- ‘This too has passed’ – Akufo-Addo on Covid-19 pandemic
- Stop insulting citizens if you want to be president again – Nana Akomea tells Mahama
- Akufo-Addo to address nation on Covid-19 fight, IMF deal tonight
- Don’t join NPP if you don’t believe in ‘Development in freedom’ motto – Pianim
- IMF bailout won’t immediately end Ghana’s difficulties – Akufo-Addo
- Today’s front pages: Monday, May 29, 2023
- Reality zone with Vicky Wireko: ECG’s revenue mobilisation drive: simply the best
- DreamChild Foundation poised for exciting HoodTalk Music Festival
- Legon Cities defeat drags Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- T-bills auction: Government fails to meet target again; interest rates still surging
- Government is resolute to ensure all-inclusive access to education – Bawumia
- New parliament: PM Modi inaugurates building amid opposition boycott
- Period poverty: ‘I don’t want anyone else to use rags for sanitary pads’
- How prosperity fuels dowry demand in India
- US debt ceiling deal ready for Congress vote, Joe Biden says
- Erdogan hails election victory but Turkey left divided
- Covid was not a cover-up for corruption – Akufo-Addo
- Sanitary pads should be tax-free; not menstrual luxury – Rosetta Ntriwaah Boakye
- Venice Biennale: The woman behind the whirlwind festival