Audio By Carbonatix
The Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection (MoGCSP) has issued an update on a disturbing video circulating on social media that shows the physical abuse of a young girl by some women.
In a statement issued on Sunday, \January 4, the Ministry said it had been officially informed that the case had already been investigated by the police.
“The Ministry has been duly informed that the case was investigated by the Labadi Police on December 31, 2025, following which the suspects involved in the case were charged,” the statement said.
According to the Ministry, the suspects are expected to be put before court within the week. It added that the Accra Regional Office of the Domestic Violence and Victim Support Unit (DOVVSU) has been tasked to oversee the case to ensure that due process is followed.
The Ministry condemned the abuse captured in the video and reiterated its firm stance against violence directed at children.
“MoGCSP condemns all forms of violence against children and strongly reiterates that no circumstance justifies the physical or emotional abuse of a child,” the statement said.
It explained that such acts amount to serious criminal offences under Ghanaian law.
“Such acts constitute a serious violation of the Children’s Act, 1998 (Act 560), and the Domestic Violence Act, 2007 (Act 732),” the Ministry stated.
The Ministry further stressed its zero-tolerance policy on child abuse and warned that offenders will face the full force of the law.
“The Ministry maintains a zero-tolerance policy on child abuse and all forms of violence. Anyone found guilty of harming a child will face the full force of the law. Such acts will not be tolerated under any circumstances,” it said.
Calling for collective responsibility, the Ministry urged families, communities and the general public to remain alert and proactive in protecting children.
“Safeguarding the rights and welfare of every child is a collective responsibility,” the statement noted. “We call on families, communities and the public to remain vigilant and committed to ensuring that every child grows up in a secure and protective environment.”
The Ministry also encouraged the public to report any suspected cases of child abuse through the appropriate channels.
“The Ministry calls on the public to report any suspected cases of abuse via the Domestic Violence Call Centre on 0800-111-222, the Ministry’s Helpline of Hope Call Centre on 0800-800-800 or 0800-900-900, or the nearest police station,” the statement added.

Latest Stories
-
Gov’t releases GH₵855m to pay cocoa farmers as Majority backs sweeping reforms to revive COCOBOD
5 minutes -
Burkina Faso attack: Nitiwul urges government to appoint Defence Minister
9 minutes -
Roads Ministry to take over COCOBOD projects amid GH¢26bn commitments — Adongo
9 minutes -
Old Tafo MP drags deputy COCOBOD CEO to CHRAJ over conflict of interest
35 minutes -
Customs intercepts 12 trucks with cooking oil and spaghetti; over GH¢85m in taxes at stake
45 minutes -
Oil marketing and bulk distribution chambers condemn alleged misuse of LPG fund
50 minutes -
COCOBOD entered 2025 with GH¢17.8bn debt burden – Adongo
1 hour -
Son of Robert Mugabe detained in South Africa after reported shooting
1 hour -
Muntaka: Interior Minister explains why government wants to rename NIB as BNI
1 hour -
Over 800 trainees stranded as GTEC shuts down Royal Nursing College
1 hour -
Dual citizenship and public office in Ghana: Why caution must prevail for now
1 hour -
Justice Abdulai backs removal of EC leadership, but urges reform of Article 146
1 hour -
Women neglect self-care after childbirth, vaginal odour can affect intimacy – Dr. Charity Ankrah
1 hour -
CLOGSAG threatens nationwide strike on March 9
2 hours -
Ga Mantse in stable condition after gory Tuesday accident – Palace reveals
2 hours
