Audio By Carbonatix
The Bono East Regional Police Command says it has restored calm in Kwame Danso, in the Sene West District, after a violent attack on both the District Court and the District Police Headquarters on Wednesday, December 10.
According to police officials, the disturbances began in the late morning and involved a large group of young people storming the court while proceedings were underway.
Police reports indicate that at about 10:30 a.m., an estimated 100 youths besieged the court premises, disrupting an active session.

The group vandalised furniture and equipment and forcibly took away two accused persons who were standing trial.
They also reportedly assaulted the complainant in the case. “The youth damaged items on sight and posed a threat to everyone present,” a police source said.
The violence later spread to the Kwame Danso Police Headquarters, where two officers on duty were attacked as the mob vandalised parts of the station.
Reinforcement teams from the Atebubu Division, supported by a detachment of the Formed Police Units (FPUs), were quickly deployed to restore order.
Their arrival helped stabilise the situation and disperse the crowd.
Following instructions from the Inspector-General of Police, the Kwame Danso Police Station and the District Police Headquarters have been temporarily shut down.
Officers previously stationed there have been reassigned to other parts of the region.
“This measure is to ensure the safety of personnel while investigations continue,” the Command noted.
The Bono East Regional Police Command has assured the public that all individuals involved in the attacks will be tracked down and prosecuted.
“Perpetrators will be identified, arrested, and made to face the full consequences of the law,” ASP/Mr Appiah Danquah, Acting Public Relations Officer for the region, stated.
“We remain committed to maintaining peace and protecting the community.”
Latest Stories
-
Charles Amissah’s family sues 3 hospitals, doctors and AG, seeks GH¢20m compensation
12 minutes -
Ghana signs MOU with ‘Google for Education’ to strengthen digital literacy
17 minutes -
Ghana’s economic activity strengthens, but business confidence eases to 12.6% – BoG
20 minutes -
Galamsey: Ahafo Security Council disbands illegal mining site, seizes five excavators
23 minutes -
GSA and German partners distribute calibrated scales to traders in Techiman
26 minutes -
National Peace Council urges calm over rising political tensions
29 minutes -
Ghana reaffirms commitment to peaceful cross-border governance and integration
32 minutes -
‘I don’t see any faction amongst us’ – Bawumia urges unity in NPP
35 minutes -
Mobile Money transactions hit GH¢493.2bn in April 2026 – BoG
38 minutes -
Germany commends Ghana on completion of IMF programme
41 minutes -
GETFund organises entrepreneurship seminar for national service personnel
45 minutes -
Speaker must crack down on parliamentary absenteeism – Rasheed Draman
48 minutes -
Abronye DC remand is an abuse of judicial discretion – Dr Bomfeh
51 minutes -
Temporary GRIDCo control room to be completed by September – Energy Minister Jinapor
54 minutes -
No basis for Abronye’s arrest and prosecution – Egyapa Mercer
57 minutes