Audio By Carbonatix
Newly-appointed Black Stars Coach, Milovan Rajevac is expected to name his squad for 2022 World Cup Qualifiers against the Warriors of Zimbabwe on Monday, September 27, 2021.
Communications Director of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), Henry Asante Twum said that the Serbian presented a provisional squad; a day after he was unveiled as head coach of the Ghana senior national team.
Speaking to Emefa Apawu on JoyNews' Probe Sunday, Mr Twum said the list submitted to the GFA has to be whittled down before it is handed to FIFA and made public.
"Milovan has submitted his squad as I speak. He comes across as someone with a different philosophy. So even if he presents a similar squad, expect him to do something different on the field of play. So yes, he's submitted his squad for the next game against Zimbabwe, the double-header against Zimbabwe in Cape Coast and in Harare. It will go through the normal process and close of tomorrow or first thing Tuesday morning it will be made public," he said.
Ghana will play host to Zimbabwe at the Cape Coast Stadium on October 9. Three days later, the Black Stars will travel to Harare for the return match.
The GFA Communications Director also revealed that C.K. Akonnor had earlier submitted his squad to the FA before he was fired.
According to him, the provisional list by the new coach is slightly different from the one provided by his predecessor.
Mr Rajevac returned to coach the Black Stars after his first stint with the team in 2010.
He was contacted by the GFA 3-man committee led by Vice President, Mark Addo following their decision to part company with C.K. Akonnor.
Ghana is currently tied with Ethiopia at second position in the Group G table of the World Cup Qualifiers.
The 67-year-old has been tasked to turn the fortunes of the team around by qualifying Ghana to its third World Cup and possibly end the country's nearly 40-year trophy drought at the AFCON.
Latest Stories
-
FTF Impact Summit calls for stronger youth collaboration to drive Ghana’s development
3 minutes -
Health Minister assures Ghana has recorded no Ebola cases despite WHO emergency declaration
11 minutes -
Over 101,000 students benefit from government’s No Academic Fees Policy – SLTF
16 minutes -
NPP supporters in Tarkwa-Nsuaem protest alleged irregularities in internal elections
18 minutes -
Adaklu-Helekpe residents gripped by fear following mountain mudslide
18 minutes -
Former Attorney-General condemns Abronye DC’s detention after High Court grants bail
19 minutes -
Nduom welcomes Court of Appeal ruling restoring GN Savings and Loans licence
25 minutes -
Margins Group celebrates NIA@20
26 minutes -
Traders lament slow pace of Krofrom Market reconstruction after recent project resumption
26 minutes -
IMCC engages media practitioners on new Decentralisation policy framework
27 minutes -
Our second coming will be bigger – Nduom on GN Savings and Loans
34 minutes -
Tourism Minister pushes for A-G probe into GH¢33m audit discrepancies
44 minutes -
Gonorrhoea and syphilis hit record levels in Europe
48 minutes -
GNFS intensifies fire safety campaign in Ashanti Region
50 minutes -
Air France and Airbus found guilty of manslaughter over 2009 plane crash
1 hour