Hearts of Oak head coach, Samuel Boadu, has expressed his desire to stay at the club despite Dr. Nyaho Nyaho-Tamakloe’s doubts about his competence.
The board member was on record to have raised concerns about Boadu and his technical team as the team head to Africa for the second consecutive season.
“I strongly have my doubt that the technical team can do well in Africa. Hearts of Oak is a big club and must always be in the hand of a big coach like Attiquayefio. I believe the current technical team can’t carry us far,” He told Accra-based Angel FM.
The CAF Inter-club competitions taught the Phobians a bitter lesson as they lost 10-4 to Wydad and JS Saoura at the Preliminary stage of the Champions League and Confederations Cup under the stewardship of Samuel Boadu.
Heart’s sixth-placed finish in the Ghana Premier League compounded the situation but the trainer is unfazed.
“I am working for Hearts of Oak. When you lose a match, the pressure will come here and there. We are always learning from our mistakes,” the 36-year-old said in an interview with Asempa FM.
“Yeah [I want to stay]. Once I have a contract with Hearts of oak, I am Hearts of oak coach.”
His contract expires in September, 2023.
Boadu has won five trophies in his 15 months stint with Hearts which includes; the Premier League title, two FA Cups, the Super Cup and the President’s Cup.
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- Danadams Pharmaceuticals and CEO in court over alleged fraud and forgery
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- Land acquisition: Here is what you missed on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- Trevor Noah is leaving ‘The Daily Show’
- Banking sector crisis was not systemic – Alhassan Andani
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- Banking sector crisis: State institutions must raise red flags at the right time – Alhassan Andani
- GRASAG launches Graduate Research Trust Fund to support scientific and policy-oriented research for national development
- British Airways flight A380 makes technical stop at KIA
- Ghana, Korea $8 million rice project kicks off in Assin North
- ‘Little drops of the Word’ launched to help facilitate Christian children upbringing
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Chief Whip
- We are engaging ECG to fix anomaly with electricity purchase – PURC
- Chinese employer allegedly slashes throat of Ghanaian employee
- SIM re-registration: “Eat your humble pie” – Sam George tells Ursula Owusu
- NIA called, begged 9 Ghanaians to come for their Ghana Cards after filing complaint in court – Sam George
- Livestream: PM Express discusses the survival of banks in economic crisis
- Mfantsipim Old Boys Association holds annual engagement series