Afrobeat singer, King Promise, has detailed his relationship with rapper Sarkodie, describing it as akin to father and son.
He shared the story of how he first met the Tema-based rapper on Showbiz A-Z with George Quaye on Joy 99.7 FM, Saturday May 14, 2022.
According to King Promise, he had spotted Sarkodie few meters away while hanging out with producer Kuvie. The pair mastered courage, approached him and introduced themselves, leading up to Sarkodie getting into a studio with them.
An impressed Sarkodie kept communication with both, and eventually introduced King Promise to some industry persons including Killbeatz and Efya. The beautiful relationship that had begun springing up led King Promise to think he would get signed on to Sarkcess Music, however the story took a different turn.
“At a point, I thought I was going to be signed to Sarkodie’s label, but he introduced me to someone else and it has been good ever since”, he revealed.
The discography between Sarkodie and King Promise is evidence that the two share a strong bond. “He is my father in the industry”, King Promise revealed.
King Promise who put up a stunning performance at the just ended VGMA, is currently out with a single titled ‘Ginger’, available for streaming and download on all platforms.
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- T-bills auction: Government fails to meet target again; interest rates still surging
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea
- Legon Cities drag Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- IMF deal: Government to reduce public sector compensations by 0.5%
- The IMF programme has been designed with an extension in mind – Prof Bokpin
- IMF deal: There is a lot of pain; government must first calm the market – Prof Bokpin
- Government should have called a national meeting before announcing 0.5% compensation reduction -Labour expert
- Hohoe gets new ultra modern market, traders commend Municipal Assembly
- GIZ support: Over 400 young entrepreneurs receive startup tools to build and grow their business
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- From Eric’s Diary: A scammer’s hi
- Menstrual hygiene: NDC Volta Regional Women’s Wing distributes pads to Ketasco girls
- Pensioner Bondholders to resume picketing on Thursday
- MLGWUI encourages Bono returnees to become sustainable entrepreneurs after return home
- Member of Parliament Mustapha Ussif donates ambulance to Yizesi community
- Tinubu removes controversial Fuel subsidy in Nigeria
- Build and entrench Ghana’s own policy credibility without IMF anchor – IEA to current and future governments
- We’re sorry for obnoxious statements about Christianity in history textbook – Ghana Authors & Publishers
- Luv Fm leads sanitary pad donation to girls in Amansie Central District