Music superstars Shatta Wale and Medikal have joined forces to produce an extended play project titled, ‘Cross Roads’.
Prior to the release of the tape, both artistes took to social media to announce the tape while on tour in USA.
This is the first time the two artistes are working on a joint project of this nature.
“Cross Roads” is a 10-track EP with pulsating productions complemented by the lyrical dexterity of Medikal and Shatta Wale’s melodic rhymes and passionate vocals.
The tape embodies diverse genres including Dancehall, Afrobeats, AfroPop and HipHop while covering reflective stories about friendship, life, love and values.
According to Medikal, it has been seamless to put together the EP because of his friendship with Shatta Wale, which they usually describe as deeper than blood.
‘Cross Roads’ was released on Friday, March 18, 2022, exclusively on Boomplay. This is due to a partnership deal with the African streaming platform.
Shatta Wale, on his part, disclosed that the tape is christened “Cross Roads” because it is the coming together of their journeys as two artistes with different backgrounds.
They are sharing stories they have in common on this project as they seek to inspire each other to take their careers to the next level; stories they believe their fans will connect with it, the ‘My Level’ hitmaker explained.
He stated that they are delighted to have Boomplay in their corner for the EP, especially since Boomplay has been prioritising African content and providing promotional support for artistes, as the leading streaming platform focusing on unlocking the potential of the African music ecosystem.
- Kofi Adoma assaulted by unknown men at Old Ashongman
- Commonwealth Games: Joseph Paul Amoah wins bronze in men’s 200m event
- Fire outbreak in Kronum community in Ashanti, 1 trapped
- Commonwealth and Mensah Sarbah Hall clash: Persons found culpable will be sanctioned – UG Management
- Joseph Commey misses out on Commonwealth Games boxing gold after falling sick on fight eve
- Commonwealth and Mensah Sarbah clash: Police deployed to UG campus
- Commonwealth Games: Sports Minister asks for report on Ghana’s disqualification from men’s 4x100m
- 18-year-old dies in Kronum fire while attempting to salvage father’s property
- Akufo-Addo commissions North East RCC Administration block
- Getting rid of defaulting political parties by EC is in the right direction – CDD-Ghana
KNUST Senior High Old Students launch endowment fund to support alma mater
Bundesliga: Borussia Dortmund tempering great expectations after holding off Bayer Leverkusen
5 SMEs begin business development training at Recycle Up! Ghana
Kronum-Afrancho fire: 18-year-old SHS student burnt to death
Ghanaians must apologize to Moesha Buduong – Efe Keyz
Parties at loggerheads must not be compelled to engage in ADR mediation – Martin Nwosu
Asogli State ushers in 2022 Te Za with hiking on Adaklu Mountain
‘Your footprints will remain indelible in North East’ – Nayiri applauds Akufo-Addo
Insurance Industry to launch 2022 nation-wide blood donation campaign on Aug 9
Women should be advocates for Alternative Disputes Resolution – Dr. Korang
MyHelp-YourHelp Foundation organises free health screening at Ashiaman
Akufo-Addo commissions North East YEA multipurpose office
University of Ghana set to hold public discussion on academic freedom
‘Breaking the 8’ is possible but requires unity, peace among all party members – Dr Adutwum
Ghana finish 7th as Nigeria storm to 4x100m gold in Commonwealth Games women’s relay