Reggae/Dancehall musician, Shatta Wale and industry mate, Medikal are scheduled to reappear in court later today.
The duo were granted a ¢100,000 bail each on October 26, 2021, on separate charges.
The self-acclaimed dancehall king, born Charles Nii Armah Mensah on October 19, turned himself in after the police had declared him wanted.
He had allegedly fabricated a story that he had been shot and receiving treatment, which turned out to be a hoax.
But when he appeared before the law court on Thursday, October 21, he pleaded not guilty to the charge of publishing false news and causing fear and panic.
‘The My Level’ singer, however, was remanded into prison custody for one week.
On the other hand, Medikal, known in real life as Samuel Adu Frimpong, was picked up by the police for brandishing a weapon on social media.
The ‘Risky’ hitmaker on October 22, was also remanded by an Accra Circuit Court for five days in prison custody although he pleaded not guilty to the charge of unlawful display of arms and ammunition.
But on October 26, at an Accra Circuit Court, they were granted bail and ordered to reappear on November 9.
Also, Shatta Wale’s coconspirators, Kojo Owusu Koranteng, Idris Yusif, and Eric Venator, have been granted bail.
- Al Sadd and Andre Ayew agree to contract termination
- Close down Office of the Auditor-General – GHAMRO CEO fumes
- Ghana officially opens its market to US pork and pork products export
- Monkeypox Outbreak: Ghana records four deaths, 116 cases
- Over 4,000 Burkinabes seek asylum in Bawku West District
- Oyibi Food Poisoning: 53 persons experienced symptoms of foodborne diseases – FDA
- Minority Leadership Change: Party is not divided – Asiedu Nketia assures NDC-UK
- Adomfe goes sombre as cop, family killed in fire are buried
- CHAN 2022: Black Galaxies suffer shock exit after Niger defeat
- Police interdict officer for leaving rifle in commercial vehicle
- Fuel prices to increase by 7%-13% from February 1, 2023 – IES
- Finance Minister may attempt to woo individual bondholders with new terms – Martin Kpebu
- Education Ministry cautions against payment of money for school placement
- Full list of winners at 47th SWAG Awards gala
- Playback: The Probe discusses Domestic Debt Exchange Programme
- Dr Ibn Kailan Abdul-Hamid appointed Head of UPSA’s Department of Marketing
- Debt Exchange Programme: Article 71 Office Holders must take a 50% haircut – Labour Federation
- CHAN 2022: CAF confirms change in kickoff time for final
- Newcastle sign Everton forward Anthony Gordon in £45m deal
- ‘We wanted a fresh start in 2023, but we have been worse’ – Klopp
- Brighton knock holders Liverpool out of FA Cup
- Moises Caicedo made ‘mistake’ asking to leave Brighton, says Roberto de Zerbi
- Pedri winner extends Barca’s La Liga advantage
- Chelsea sign teenage right-back Malo Gusto from Lyon in £31m deal
- Ghana signs agreements with Saudi Arabia on Hajj 2023