Special Prosecutor, Mr. Kissi Agyebeng will be guest of Newsfile on Joy FM come Saturday, June 10. Many are the issues requiring his responses.
Remember the raging controversies surrounding the work of the erstwhile Inter-Ministerial Committee on Illegal Mining? Remember the emerging ‘arrests’?
Former Chairman of the Inter-Ministerial Committee on Illegal Mining, Professor Kwabena Frimpong-Boateng and his controversial report on the work of the Committee have been in the news lately.
Plus, he is also fighting his own battles. It was only on Wednesday, June 7 when it came to the fore that the former Environment Minister is on a GHȼ2 million bail.
Prof Boateng had invited by the OSP on May 16 as “a person necessary for the investigations” into suspected corruption and corruption-related offences in respect of the activities and expenditure of the dissolved Inter-Ministerial Committee on Illegal Mining.
He willingly honoured the invitation, however, events that ensued meant that Prof Frimpong-Boateng was a suspect. He was cautioned and granted bail, for which he says a friend had to stand surety, and officers of the OSP had to follow the friend to ascertain his residence.
What exactly is his crime?
Special Prosecutor Kissi Agyebeng certainly has the details.
Yes, Newsfile will also delve into the National Democratic Congress accusation against the Electoral Commission of attempting to insert the name of an NPP parliamentary aspirant into the Assin North voters register ahead of the by-election.
The EC refutes the claim, but where does it leave all of us?
There is also the vexed issue of Take or Pay contract arrangements in energy procurement.
Viewers can also follow this discussion by tuning in to Joy 99.7 FM or Luv 99.5 FM on the radio or stream the discussion live on either Google or Apple Podcasts.
Newsfile, Your most authoritative news analysis programme.
- We needed someone to get us goals, and Mohammed Kudus did – West Ham boss David Moyes
- Stop lecturing us, Guinea junta leader tells West
- PAC’s order to MMDAs to stop engaging our services is unfortunate and surprising – Zoomlion
- Over 350 farmers receive 53,000 tree crop seedlings in Sekyere Kumawu District
- ‘Things have deteriorated’ – E.L spotted at #OccupyJulorBiHouse protest Day 2
- Akufo-Addo was not sincere with Ghanaians in his self-assessment of fighting corruption – Domelevo
- Tunisia arrests cartoonist for drawings mocking PM
- Missing Nigerian journalist found dead in pit
- Don’t disenfranchise persons with disabilities – Ghana Federation of Disability to EC
- Man arrested for dishonestly selling land, others for ₵230k
- FIFA boss Infantino discusses football growth in Rwanda with President Paul Kagame
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: The dramatic arrests, harassment, abuse, and more on Day 1
- MTN MoMo, ECG and Hubtel partner to provide enhanced Bill Payment Solutions to customers
- Lionel Messi: I’ll like to be a sporting director after I retire
- Message from the Morning Man: Why Do You Do It?