A four-year-old boy has allegedly been beaten to death by his stepmother at Santa Maria in Accra.
According to reports, the deceased, Belington Hatchful, deaf and dumb, died on Saturday August 20, 2022.
Grandmother of the boy, Stella Hatchful, confirmed this on Adom FM’s Morning Show, Dwaso Nsem programme Tuesday.
She indicated that, the 19-year-old stepmother, whose name was only given as Sandra, allegedly subjected the boy to torture.
“My grandson suffered internal bleeding and fractured skull due to the severe beatings. I’m heartbroken,” she bemoaned.
Ms. Hatchful said but for the landlord who witnessed one of such beatings, the accused would have killed the boy at home.
“The landlord saw Stella hitting the boy’s head on the floor, stopped her and reported the matter to the Police,” she added.
Ms. Hatchful said Sandra is currently in custody at the Sowutuom Police station pending investigations.
- We’ll not accept Ofori-Atta’s debt restructuring – Minority
- Ghanaian nurses to work in UK under new deal – Agyemang Manu
- Debt Exchange Programme is key requirement for IMF deal – Ofori-Atta
- Playback: Ofori-Atta launches Domestic Debt Exchange amid financial crisis
- How individual mistakes cost Black Stars a round of 16 World Cup slot
- There was no approach from Ghana to play for Black Stars – Danny Welbeck
- Proposed debt exchange programme will bring some confidence into economy – Dr. Addison
- Ban on V8s in Accra; who is going to monitor? Mahama quizzes government
- Labour unions kick against any ‘haircut’ on pension funds of workers
- Ghana records $4.7bn in remittances in 2022, maintains 2nd position in Africa
- Treasury bills exempted from debt exchange programme – John Kumah
- Trading of all Soya beans must pass through Ghana Commodity Exchange – Commodity Brokers Association
- CWEIC Deputy Chairman advocates deliberate intra-trade among member countries
- Ghana invites eligible holders to exchange ₵137.3 billion of domestic notes and bonds
- Ghana needs a new crop of patriotic leaders to restore its glory – Fiifi Fiavi Kwetey
- Target children and not adolescents for typhoid vaccination – Dr. Nsiah Asare urges scientists
- 10th edition of Tech in Ghana conference ends in Accra
- Bitcoin Technology Center opens to educate local community in Ghana
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s Debt exchange programme
- Jospong Group begins 2022 service of thanksgiving
- Success of Free SHS policy should be measured by the end results – GES
- ‘Thank you Dede Ayew’, tweets ‘praise’ Stars captain for missed penalty as Brazil mauls South Korea
- Good Roll launches bamboo T-roll in Ghana
- YEA increases CPA allowance by 40%, set to recruit 35,700 personnel in 2023
- Godigbe Za celebrated with rich culture