Main suspect in the killing of two police officers in the Central region, Eric Duah is a property owner who has police officers as tenants.
JoyNews reporter Maxwell Agbagba confirmed two police officers live in the one-storey property in Budumburam, a sprawling community in the Central region.
A police uniform was hanging on a dry line in the compound of the property as investigations continue into the background of the man who allegedly gunned down two police officers on motor traffic duty last week Wednesday.
Sources say he is known to several police officers in Budumburam and adjoining surburbs.
Neighbours who spoke to JoyNews said they barely interact with the prime suspect who has a wife and two children living with him. His room had been padlocked when the rJoyNews reporter visited the property.
The house was bequeathed to him after the death of his mother and pastor, the late Elizabeth Boateng, in 2017, JoyNews sources have said.
They also say, Eric Duah once used the property as surety to help bail a friend arrested for a criminal offence.
Eric Duah also owns a registered gun which he loves to brandish, acquaintances have told JoyNews.
The suspect who sells motor bikes has on multiple occasions brandished the weapon threateningly over a disputed land at Dansoman.
A relative to a party on the disputed land said Eric Duah threatened to kill her brother over the land.
“We are not surprised about him killing the police officer….he hardly forgives when provoked,” another told the JoyNews reporter.
Eric Duah who is the only son of a pastor and founder of a church, allegedly killed Lance Corporal Awal Mohammed who is also the only son of a retired driver in Kumasi in the Ashanti region.
He is also accused of killing Sergeant Michael Dotse Dzamesi who along with the late Lance Corporal Awal, chased him down after he reportedly refused to stop in his unregistered vehicle while driving on the Kasoa Highway.
Eric Kojo Dua, who was declared wanted by the police was on his way to the Volta Region en route Atimpoku near Akosombo in the Eastern Region when he was nabbed on Saturday.
Six others have also been charged with conspiracy to commit murder, abetment of murder and murder.
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- ECG recovers GH¢18.5m out of GH¢46.9m from 3 state institutions
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Akufo-Addo’s promises have turned out to be scam – Asiedu Nketia
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- GNFS expresses reservation over reopening of Kejetia Market
- Rapper Edem hints at contesting NDC parliamentary primaries
- Slut Boy Billy: a rap prodigy breaking norms, making strides
- Why the Tema Motorway is a death trap
- Peter Obi kicks off legal challenge to Nigeria election result
- Dr Akoto Osei’s death a shock to the whole nation – Speaker
- Gwyneth Paltrow expected to appear in court over ski crash case
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- Davido is back with new album ‘Timeless’, set for March 31
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Female farmers less likely to leave crop residues to decompose – KNUST research
- Drivers in Kumasi speed on weekends – Research reveals
- Implement existing laws to protect consumer – CUTS urges regulators
- Ghana’s “investment hub” agenda demands an open-minded tax administration