Tamale City players and their team bus were allegedly attacked by fans of Aduana FC in Dormaa on Sunday after their 2022/23 Ghana Premier League week 25 game at Nana Agyemang Badu I Park.
The home side needed a 90+10 minute penalty to emerge 1-0 winners and stretch their lead at the top of the table to 44 points, three ahead of second-place Bechem United.
Pictures of the team’s vandalized bus surfaced on social media shortly after the game, with bandages wrapped around the head of a player.
There was also a video of the team bus moving while stones were being pelted at them by unknown persons when they were moving out of Dormaa.
Tamale City head coach, Hamza Mohammed, later told 3 Sports their bus was destroyed and players attacked.
“Our bus is destroyed. Aduana FC fans were throwing stones at us,” he said.
This is the second time in two home games that Aduana FC have played additional ten minutes, also scoring an equalizer in the ninth minute of added time against Real Tamale United a fortnight ago.
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: 49 arrested for unlawful assembly – Police
- Angus Cloud’s cause of death revealed nearly 2 months after ‘Euphoria’ star dies at 25
- Inclusion of AU in G20 provides opportunity to push for reforms – Ken Ofori-Atta
- Sophie Turner sues Joe Jonas, demands kids be returned to England after being ‘wrongfully detained’ amid split
- India suspends visas for Canadians as row escalates
- Africa should prioritise intra-regional trade to help ensure food security – AGRA president
- Strive to live up to Nkrumah’s ideals by fostering intra-continental trade – Mahama
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: Arrest of protesters unnecessary, undemocratic – Naana Opoku-Agyemang
- #FixTheCountry calls for release of arrested protestors in #OccupyJulorBiHouse demonstration
- Tanker Owners Union raises concern over influx of over influx Chinese trucks
- Rwandan serial killer who hid bodies in kitchen pleads guilty
- Sit-in demonstration at EC office to commence on Friday
- Mohammed Ali: Building a successful brand through organisational culture
- Cecilia Dapaah has never owned a real estate business – PA rubbishes claims by OSP
- Achieving succession planning success: The importance of a holistic succession strategy