Hearts of Oak’s squad has been depleted following reports of an outbreak in the team’s camp.
Team Manager of Hearts of Oak, W.O. Paul Tandoh, has confirmed that the club cannot raise a team to honour their Ghana Premier League fixture against Bibiani Gold Stars which takes place today, the 18th of May, 2022.
According to multiple reports, close to 15 players have been hospitalised over a strange sickness and there is no sign that players could recover in time for the game.
Speaking in an interview with Happy FM, Tandoh said, “The FA should be reasonable and postpone our game”.
“We don’t have a single player who will even appear on the pitch for the game. The FA should do their investigations well. We don’t have a team. Sulley Muntari, Samuel Inkoom, they are all sick and these are our stars. The coach has also developed symptoms and is currently at the 37 Military Hospital.”
“I have been roaming in Accra to check on the players at their various hospitals where they have been hospitalized” he added.
The team manager of the Accra-based club said only three members of the technical team have not been affected by the outbreak.
With Bibiani God Stars arriving in the capital for their away fixture, it is looking increasingly likely that Hearts of Oak may be punished by the Ghana Football Association, should they fail to play the game on May 18, 2022.
- Jackie Appiah trends on Twitter as video of posh Trassaco mansion pops up
- Drama as Nigerian lawyer dresses as native doctor to Supreme Court
- Social media users troll Shatta Wale over Jackie Appiah’s mansion
- Scores injured in accident on Accra-Kumasi highway
- National Cathedral: Lies are being told to cause disaffection – John Kumah
- Finance Minister accounted for less than 50% of Covid-19 expenditure – Dr. Asiedu
- 18 dead in mass break-in to Spanish enclave
- Tonto Dikeh nominated as running mate to Rivers State governorship candidate
- Empress Gifty’s grandmother passes on
- Playback: Newsfile discusses accountability surrounding National Cathedral, Covid-19 expenditure
Man found dead on a farm after going missing
Fire guts 10-bedroom house at Dwase-Praso
2022 MTN FA Cup final: the five key players to watch
Take steps to prevent torture during operations – CHRAJ to Security Agencies
Tonto Dikeh nominated as running mate to Rivers State governorship candidate
Make youth development in peace a priority – UN Peace Ambassador to African leaders
Social media users troll Shatta Wale over Jackie Appiah’s mansion
Scores injured in accident on Accra-Kumasi highway
National Cathedral: Board of Trustees must also be blamed for infractions – Antwi-Bosiako
Over 1000 Nigeriens repatriated – Gender Ministry
Finance Minister accounted for less than 50% of Covid-19 expenditure – Dr. Asiedu
All issues raised about National Cathedral will be addressed – Dr John Kumah
National Cathedral: Lies are being told to cause disaffection – John Kumah
Suspects held over Nigeria church massacre
Uncle Ebo’s ‘I slept with your wife’ shows today at the National Theatre