Three decades of uninterrupted parliamentary democracy is indeed an achievement worth celebrating.
After all, Ghana is being touted internationally for demonstrating an exemplary democracy in Africa. Eight administrations over the last 30 years through peaceful presidential and parliamentary elections. What’s there not to like about that?
But can Ama Ghana confidently boast that all is well? Considering the fact that the Electoral Commission is having difficulties in obtaining the approval of Parliament to lay a proposed new Constitutional Instrument (CI)?
The CI, which the EC intends to lay before the House, will grant the electoral body the authority to register eligible Ghanaians as voters by using the Ghana Card as the only form of identification.
Well, in this week’s edition of Newsfile, from 9a.m. to noon, the host, Samson Lardy Anyenini, will shed more light on these issues as well as former President Mahama’s wish to return to power, with his panelists.
Follow Newsfile, to listen to Samson and his panelists discuss; Ghana card for voter registration law back? Parliament @ 30: still a rubber stamp? And NDC flagbearer race: who will upset JM?
Tune in to Joy 99.7 FM or Luv 99.5 FM on the radio or stream the discussion live on either Google or Apple Podcasts.
Viewers can also follow this discussion by streaming on JoyNews’ Facebook or YouTube channels.
The programme will also be aired live on the JoyNews channel on digital satellite channels 421 on DSTV and 144 on GoTV.
Newsfile, Your most authoritative news analysis programme.
- ‘Do I look like a fraudster?’ – Shatta Wale reacts to calls for FBI probe over his affiliation with Hajia4Reall
- I paid GH₵30,000 to fix my body – TikToker Aba Dope
- Gyakye Quayson can vie for Assin North seat; it’s a calculated risk – Amaliba
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- World Bank: Ghana likely to receive first tranche of $300 million by September if … – Frank Laporte
- Chiefs endorsing candidates and political parties unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Man slashes wife for asking for divorce
- Assin North by-election: NPP closes nomination as two persons pick forms
- Gonja-Mamprusi clash: Security personnel deployed to restore calm
- We won’t stop picketing until we’re paid – Pension bondholders tell Finance Ministry
- NPA to commence prosecution of criminal acts under NPA Act 691
- Drive Safe Campaign: Accra-Tema Motorway Emergency Response & First Aid Post abandoned
- GBC staff issue one-week ultimatum over cancelled allowances
- US Embassy to help scale up Zipline’s operations after its impact in Ghana
- Lack of transparency and accountability may force us to cut support to School Feeding Programme – World Bank
- Referees’ body PGMOL condemns abuse directed at Europa League final referee
- Pensioner Bonds: Government promises to clear all 5 outstanding coupons immediately
- Vodafone Ghana boss Patricia Obo-Nai recognised among top women CEOs in Africa
- Perez Chapel’s Agyinasare given 14 days to appear before Nogokpo traditional leaders
- Alternative Livelihood Programs In Solving Galamsey: Will the artisanal miners still return or not?
- NPP elders to hold aspirants responsible for supporters’ foul comments – Hackman Owusu-Agyemang
- Man jailed 4 years for leaving fatally injured girlfriend in car
- West Ham players walk off pitch after alleged racial abuse at seven-a-side tournament in US
- Nottingham Forest release Andre Ayew
- Pensioner Bondholders insist government must pay interest on outstanding principals