Audio By Carbonatix
Ghana sealed their seventh consecutive appearance at the FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup following an emphatic win over Senegal at the Baba Yara Stadium on Sunday.
The Black Princesses claimed a 5-1 win in the second leg of the last round of qualifiers to record a 7-1 aggregate win over the Teranga Lionesses.
A brace from Beline Nyarko and other goals from Maafia Nyame, Tracey Twum and Salamatu Abdulai were enough for Yusif Basigi's side as they earned a routine win.
Ghana came into the fixture on the back of a 2-0 win in Dakar a week ago in the first encounter.
Senegal opened the scoring early in the game as they took advantage of poor communication in the Ghanaians' box.

However, Maafia Nyame tied the game for the Princesses after finishing off smoothly from a through pass into the 18-yard box.
Beline Nyarko completed the comeback shortly after to head Ghana into the lead at halftime.
HT: Ghana 2-1 Senegal
— Lawrence Baidoo (@kweku_lawrence) January 21, 2024
The Princesses reacted well to going down and would feel they deserved more at the break.
4-1 more on aggregate with Ghana on course to seal a 7th successive spot at the U-20 Women's World Cup. https://t.co/ubRoZyKJzV
It was all Ghana after the break as Basigi's girls strived for perfection after returning for the second half.
Amepem Darkoa Ladies' Tracey Twum netted from the penalty spot after Salamatu Abdulai had been brought down in the box to make it 3-1.
Beline Nayrkoa grabbed her second of the game with a brilliant strike inside the penalty box to stretch the Princesses' lead before Salamatu Abdulai also wrapped up the victory for Ghana.
The 7-1 aggregate score means the Black Princesses secure their place in Colombia for this year's World Cup, making it to the tournament for the seventh consecutive time since their debut in 2010.
They join Morocco, Nigeria and Cameroon who are also set to represent Africa in the competition.
Latest Stories
-
Mali renews Barrick Mining’s Loulo license for 10 more years
4 hours -
Gender pay gap won’t close for another 30 years, warns UK trade unions group
4 hours -
No free pass for internet platforms on child safety, Starmer says
4 hours -
Andrew’s time as trade envoy should be investigated, says Vince Cable
4 hours -
‘Trump will be gone in three years’: Top Democrats try to reassure Europe
4 hours -
Cuban cigar festival called off as US blockade worsens energy crisis
5 hours -
Head of Dubai-based ports giant quits after Epstein links revealed
5 hours -
Nigeria’s state-owned NNPC records $4.2 billion after-tax profit in 2025
5 hours -
French tourist found dead in Chad after falling off cliff
5 hours -
Asuogyaman MP commissions four projects, breaks ground for more on birthday
5 hours -
GNFS averts potential petrol tanker explosion at Aveme Junction
5 hours -
Ferocious fire at Agatex Paint Factory in Ho contained
6 hours -
MTN Ghana drives nationwide blood mobilisation in partnership with Ho Teaching Hospital
6 hours -
MTN Ghana leads lifesaving blood drive as Ho Teaching Hospital warns of critical shortages
6 hours -
KNUST dominate maiden SEEDAfrique Relay Open Championship in Kumasi
7 hours
