The World Boxing Organisation has ordered a final eliminator between Ghana’s Emmanuel ‘Game Boy’ Tagoe (31-1-0 15KO’s) and Ryan Garcia (20-0 17KO’s) .
Former IBO Lightweight champion Tagoe is expected to take on Garcia who is managed by Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy promotions to determine the WBO’s next mandatory for title holder Vasyl Lomachenko.
Tagoe who holds the WBO’s Lightweight title is currently ranked number three on the sanctioning body’s ranking and last defeated Ismael Aryeetey via a 6th round stoppage in Accra. He appears to be edging closer to world title glory having been stripped off the IBO Lightweight title in 2018.
Undefeated Garcia has also been ordered by the WBC to face number 2 ranked Luke Campbell for their interim belt and become mandatory for WBC lightweight champion Devin Haney.
Tagoe and Garcia have twenty days to reach an agreement for the fight. The WBO will order a purse bid if the parties are unable to reach an agreement with the minimum bid set at $150,000.
Below is the WBO’s letter to the parties.
- ‘You’re yet to be confirmed’- Kyei Mensah-Bonsu tells Ato Forson in ‘clash’ over Assin North by-election
- Presidential staffer declares support for Alan Kyerematen
- Nogokpo: ‘The energies of the land will act’ if Agyinasare defies 14-day ultimatum – Nogokpo spokesperson
- Midwife delivers baby in speeding commercial vehicle
- If you have God, you have everything, you lose God and lose everything –Justice Jones Dotse
- EC member dragged to Supreme Court over alleged NPP affiliation
- EOCO declares 2 persons wanted for various crimes
- EC’s arguments defective in logic and betray Commission’s appreciation of elementary English – NDC
- NDC’s Kwesi Amankwaa was not a registered voter in Kumawu – EC reveals in rebuttal
- Work as a technocrat, don’t meddle in local politics – John Jinapor tells World Bank Country rep
- World Bank maintains 1.6% growth rate for Ghana in 2023
- Assin North by-election: Many first-time voters will be disenfranchised if… – Youth Bridge Foundation
- GRA taskforce arrests managers of enterprises over tax infractions
- Suame Interchange construction already commenced ahead of schedule – Urban Roads
- ‘Joining Brighton from Chelsea was not a risk’ – Tariq Lamptey
- GOIL records ¢123.8m profit in 2022; declares ¢0.056 dividend for shareholders
- 2023 NSMQ: Akumfi Ameyaw SHS, 3 others secure national slots
- Reduce duties on raw materials at the ports – AGI to government
- T-bills: Government borrowed ¢11.26bn in May 2023
- Rwanda’s President sacks more than 200 soldiers including generals
- Canada implements visa-free travel for more countries excluding Ghana
- ‘If we do what is right, we will’ – Tariq Lamptey on ending Black Stars trophy drought
- Former Western Region FA Chairman Kojo Yankah declares intention to contest GFA presidential election
- NLC summons GBC staff over industrial action
- GSE records slow performance in May 2023; Unilever, Fanmilk among big gainers