Audio By Carbonatix
The Ministry of Youth and Sports (MOYS) has responded to former Black Stars head coach Charles Kwablan Akonnor's claim of not being paid $100,000 following the termination of his contract.
Akonnor, in an interview with Graphic Sports published on Monday, July 31, refutes claims that he received the said amount after he was relieved of his duties.
”I never received the kind of money the minister mentioned. I don’t want to put out how much they paid me but it was not $100,000 as the minister said,” he noted.
His comments came after the Sports Minister, Mustapha Ussif, had told the media during a press briefing last week that both Akonnor and his replacement, Milovan Rajevac, were paid $100,000 following their sacking.
However, the MOYS has come out to prove payments made to the former Ghana international following the termination of his contract.
"The attention of the Ministry of Youth and Sports has been drawn to publications in the media regarding an amount of money owed the former coach of the Black Stars, Charles Kwablan Akonnor following the termination of his contract," a statement from the ministry read.
Full statement from the Ministry below:


Akonnor was sacked after just 10 games in charge, winning four, losing four and drawing two.
Latest Stories
-
Afoko calls for research-driven strategy to rebuild NPP ahead of 2028 elections
6 minutes -
Guinness Ghana Annual Golf Championship set for May 30 at Achimota Golf Club
16 minutes -
Ghana to announce World Cup squad on June 1 – Kurt Okraku
1 hour -
Livestream: Newsfile dicusses attack on free speech and return of GN Bank
1 hour -
Panic in Sunyani: Chiefs to perform rituals after mystery deaths of two successive headteachers
3 hours -
The party has lost ground – Paul Afoko breaks long silence to launch NPP comeback
3 hours -
“It is worrying” – Prof. Akosa sounds alarm over failing medical ethics
4 hours -
World Cup reality check: Mexico beat fringe Black Stars 2-0 in Puebla friendly
4 hours -
Black Stars lose 2-0 to Mexico in pre-World Cup friendly in Puebla
5 hours -
Free speech: MFWA slams ‘weaponisation’ of state laws
5 hours -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
6 hours -
NITA defends ICT fees, rejects claims of ‘digital coup’
6 hours -
UN releases $60m from central fund to tackle lethal Ebola outbreak
7 hours -
“Put people first” – Vice-President tells global financial giants at ACI Congress
8 hours -
Vice-President commissions 100 new Metro Mass buses
9 hours