Aduana Stars and Accra Hearts of Oak will headline the fixture list for matchday one of the 2020/21 football season on Saturday, November 14 at the Nana Agyemang Badu I park in Dormaa.
The two former league champions will battle each other on the first weekend of fixtures for the new season, a game which would be broadcasted live on StarTimes Adepa channel 247 and Max TV at 3pm.
Aduana Stars – two-time league champions, have been tipped as one of the favourites for the title, because of their superior home record. The Ogya lads also boast of the some of the finest talents on the domestic front. They come across as a team with loads of experience, with the likes of Yahaya Mohammed, Caleb Amankwaa, Emmanuel Akuoko, Justice Anane, Farouk Adams, Bright Adjei and Samuel Bio.
The Dormaa lads have an outstanding home record against both Hearts of Oak and Asante Kotoko, but that home invisibility was nearly broken last season when the two sides met. Hearts of Oak managed to snatch a point at the Nana Agyemang Badu I park.
The Phobians have made some acquisitions to bolster their squad this transfer window. Goalkeeper Richard Atta, has been immense for them since his arrival from Elmina Sharks last season. Atta, put in a good display in the 2019/2020 season to earn a place in the Black Stars.
Hearts of Oak would heavily rely on the experience of Emmanuel Nettey, Frederick Ansah Botchway, Mohammed Alhassan, Fatawu Mohammed and returnee Nuru Sulley.
One area of concern for the Phobians is in attack, following the departure of Joseph Esso to Dreams FC and Kofi Kordzie to Qatari side Muaither SC. However, Abednego Tetteh could be their saviour. The former Bechem United forward, joined the Phobians last season.
Matches between the two sides at Dormaa have always been a crowed puller and a keenly contested one. Statistics have shown that Aduana Stars versus Hearts of Oak games is one of the most viewed ties in the domestic calendar.
The ‘battle between Samuel Fabin and Edward Nii Odoom’ will be the first game to be broadcasted live on television.
- Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretences – Chief Director
- I feared for my life so I lied about being an Ewe – Caleb Kudah
- Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Information Minister visits Citi FM over alleged assault on 2 of its journalists
- Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product at ¢30 per bag
- Affail Money apologies for alleging Caleb Kudah breached code of ethics
- Zoe Abu-Baidoo declined our invitation – National Security defends ‘Rambo-style’ invasion of Citi FM premises
- Coach Paa Kwesi Fabin names 27-man Black Meteors squad to face Japan
- Full text: Affail Monney’s apology statement over attack on Citi FM journalists
First phase of US-supported Covid-19 critical case management training in Ghana ends
Social media reacts to Affail Monney’s apology on Citi FM journalist’s breach of ethics comment
Motor rider crashed to death on the Prosohene Nkwanta to Bonsu-Nkwanta road
Tanitoluwa Adewumi, 10, goes from homeless to national chess master
Ghanaian-German Centre launches podcast on migration and employment
Martin Bashir quits BBC ‘to focus on his health’
Buhari’s son-in-law, 2 others wanted for alleged $65m fraud
NMC Chairman’s position on Kasoa ritual killing
Ordering loophole allows students to eat for free at KFC for six months
Jaden Smith to open restaurant where homeless people can eat for free
Information Minister calls for thorough investigations into alleged assault on Citi FM journalists
Mother of 8-year-old boy without feet calls for support
ADB denies shifting from core business to real estate
CSIR to revive Scientific Instrumentation to take care of faulty equipment
Affail Monney apologises for alleging Caleb Kudah breached code of ethics