A founding member of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Dr Nyaho Nyaho-Tamakloe, has cast doubt over the possibility of the Vice President leading the party in the 2024 election.
He said given the structure of the ruling party, the chances of Dr Bawumia becoming a flagbearer and subsequently, President is very low.
“I had an interview with a foreign magazine, in which I made it plain that by the structure of our party, Bawumia cannot come to power.
“Bawumia is a fine gentleman, if Bawumia would have had that independent mind and strength and not just always praise what the president has done or has not done, I would have looked at him differently; I know Bawumia very well,” he said in an interview with TV3.
The ruling party is still on its quest to ‘Break the Eight’ by becoming the first political party to win power for three consecutive terms.
Recently, the party opened nominations for candidates who wish to contest at the national file their nominations.
Incumbent General Secretary for the party, John Boadu, Charles Bissue, Justin Kodua, and Frederick Opare Addo are all candidates contesting for the General Secretary position.
So far, none of the candidates who wish to stand as flagbearers on the ticket of the party has declared their intentions.
Many names, including the Vice President, Mahamudu Bawumia, and Trades Minister, Alan Kyerematen, have all popped up as candidates qualified to help the ruling party achieve its aim of breaking the eight.
- Jackie Appiah trends on Twitter as video of posh Trassaco mansion pops up
- Drama as Nigerian lawyer dresses as native doctor to Supreme Court
- Social media users troll Shatta Wale over Jackie Appiah’s mansion
- Scores injured in accident on Accra-Kumasi highway
- National Cathedral: Lies are being told to cause disaffection – John Kumah
- Finance Minister accounted for less than 50% of Covid-19 expenditure – Dr. Asiedu
- 18 dead in mass break-in to Spanish enclave
- Tonto Dikeh nominated as running mate to Rivers State governorship candidate
- Empress Gifty’s grandmother passes on
- Playback: Newsfile discusses accountability surrounding National Cathedral, Covid-19 expenditure
Fire guts 10-bedroom house at Dwase-Praso
2022 MTN FA Cup final: the five key players to watch
Take steps to prevent torture during operations – CHRAJ to Security Agencies
Tonto Dikeh nominated as running mate to Rivers State governorship candidate
Make youth development in peace a priority – UN Peace Ambassador to African leaders
Social media users troll Shatta Wale over Jackie Appiah’s mansion
Scores injured in accident on Accra-Kumasi highway
National Cathedral: Board of Trustees must also be blamed for infractions – Antwi-Bosiako
Over 1000 Nigeriens repatriated – Gender Ministry
Finance Minister accounted for less than 50% of Covid-19 expenditure – Dr. Asiedu
All issues raised about National Cathedral will be addressed – Dr John Kumah
National Cathedral: Lies are being told to cause disaffection – John Kumah
Suspects held over Nigeria church massacre
Uncle Ebo’s ‘I slept with your wife’ shows today at the National Theatre
National Cathedral: Let us explore $50m cost option – Martin Kpebu