National 100m record-holder, Benjamin Azamati, produced a season’s best of 6.62s to place third behind World 200m champion, Noah Lyles, at the New Balance Indoor grand prix in Boston.
Azamati started the night in Boston with a run of 6.65s to finish behind Trayvon Bromell in Heat 2 to make the final.
In both races, Azamati got off to good starts and managed to place a respectable third in the 60m indoor final, only 0.05s behind Trayvon Bromell (6.51s) and Noah Lyles (6.51s), who eventually won the competition.
This was Benjamin Azamati’s second race of the indoor season after he raced to 6.64s to win the Olympic Development 60m final at the Texas Tech Open & Multi.
Azamati, who narrowly missed on bronze at the Commonwealth games last year, will be hoping to qualify for this year’s World Athletics Championships in Budapest.
The former University of Ghana man would need to run 10.00s in any World Athletics-accredited competition to make the championships
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display